Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any input or experience with UMI's Roto Joint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any input or experience with UMI's Roto Joint?

I am planning on ordering UMI rear control arms for the 12 bolt in the Monte Carlo SS. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the roto joint vs. the standard rod end/ heim joint. I was goint to go with the roto joint because it is the same price and seems like it will be a little more forgiving on a street car. Eventually the car should have a 500-600hp 509 in it and it will be a street strip car. For the power level I am looking for I doubt that I would be sacrificing anything with the roto joint. thoughts? Thanks in advance!

yes to the "roto joint"... they're also called rebuildable heim joints

whether or not I'd pay someone to weld a angle to a nut* for $100 - I dunno, but they work well

*buying a nut, a bit of channel and the 37.95 - IIRC, there are cheaper on ebay - joint would seem more cost effective.

(edit) oh yeah, and if you do get the ones where the cup threads out of the housing - pull the joint apart and put anti-seize on the threads before you get the joint wet
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 20, 2012, 07:54 AM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I have UMI's double adjustable uppers and lowers with rotojoints at both ends and love them (This is on my '87 Monte SS).

I previously had a set of their non-adjustable uppers and lowers with poly bushings. Night and day difference in the way that the rear end "feels" when cornering.
      I take photos.

Comment

With all the guys with SS Monte's on this board we should start a BangShift Monte SS group.....

I to have been looking at the UMI Roto Joints, so I'll be interested in what others have to say......

Comment

I bought some for my 66 Impala to make some custom upper control arms. The main reason why I bought them was because they were rebuildable and seemed better for street duty. A heim joint is my Plan B.
          Nick Smithberg
          www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

Working...
          X