New CarJunkie haven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CarJunkie haven?

Been househunting last two weekends. So far it's been pretty depressing. This afternoon I was in a pretty dark place both from trying to keep the sale of my current house from falling apart and two weekends of long, and unsuccessful days looking at houses.

Long story short: just put in a full-price offer on an awesome house with a FOUR CAR GARAGE, repeat, FOUR CAR GARAGE! I didn't even have to talk the wife into it because the rest of the house is great and she loved it too. The garage is two cars wide (looks like any other 2 car from the street) but has a full width extension back. It's attached to the house.

There is a long way to go from here. It has only been on the market one day. I'm trying to not get too excited about it, because the deal is far from over.

We asked for a response in 24 hours.

Wish me luck.
    1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Re: New CarJunkie haven?

Awesome! Hope you get it and its a peach.
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Good luck,Pete :D ;)! ~OO6.

Comment

My wife and I are trying to do the same thing so we can move back to the beach, we miss it! We're waiting for the prices do drop a little more before we pounce. Good luck!
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

What f-ing housing crash? Mine was the first bid, first weekend on the market. Full price. Lost again to another bid (also full price but with no home sale contingency). There was a third bid as well. This is the third time I have lost a house in a competetive bidding scenario. The other houses had been on the market 5 and 18 days.

I honestly cannot remember being so bitterly disappointed in my entire life. That was our house. Can you tell I let myself get wrapped up in it?

F#$k!

Sorry for the rant.
          1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

House buying in general sucks > Trying to buy a commercial building for personal use sucks more ('bout impossible). Keep on looking :-\
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

My dad was a Realtor and owned his own agency (before multilist and chain realtys). First rule of house hunting - NEVER fall in love with a house. There's always another one coming down the pipe, and there will be one for you. Still, I know it's disappointing. Keep at it - it'll work out.

Dan

Comment

Not one in mint condition with a four car garage in the perfect location and IN MY PRICE RANGE. Yeah, yeah don't fall in love. Easy for the realtor to say. I know it's right but...

Sorry, still working it out.

Comment

Sorry about your luck on the garage, but just think, you found that one there will be another.

................Good Luck

Comment

I believe this can't happen in our state (In.) The seller would probably except your offer so fast that you would catch a cold from the draft that his pen would kick off signing the exceptance of your offer .

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierGTA
                      I believe this can't happen in our state (In.) The seller would probably except your offer so fast that you would catch a cold from the draft that his pen would kick off signing the exceptance of your offer .
                      That is true, a house down the road from my parents has been for sale for about 5 years now, has a dicent two car garage...

Comment

Fourth bid accepted (different house)! After three more solid days of looking--must be over 60 houses total in three trips and 75 visits if you include repeats. Competitive, again. More than full asking price. No contingencies of any sort (except for home inspection, of course). First day on the market. Seems more like 2005 than 2008 to me.

Just a two car garage, but a pretty good one. And some good workshop space in the unfinished part of the basement. I say "just a two car garage," only because I lost the very rare four car garage earlier. Two car garages added a premium, but I was firm on not going down to a one car garage.

And the house is great. We are excited. The price was right.

Now just to secure the financing, get a home inspection and appraisal, finish the sale of my current house....This stuff is exhausting. And stressful.

Comment

Originally posted by 67pete300
                          Fourth bid accepted (different house)! After three more solid days of looking--must be over 60 houses total in three trips and 75 visits if you include repeats. Competitive, again. More than full asking price. No contingencies of any sort (except for home inspection, of course). First day on the market. Seems more like 2005 than 2008 to me.

Just a two car garage, but a pretty good one. And some good workshop space in the unfinished part of the basement. I say "just a two car garage," only because I lost the very rare four car garage earlier. Two car garages added a premium, but I was firm on not going down to a one car garage.

And the house is great. We are excited. The price was right.

Now just to secure the financing, get a home inspection and appraisal, finish the sale of my current house....This stuff is exhausting. And stressful.
                          Hopfully you can get that bidding war working in your favor this time!

Comment

Working...
                          X