No announcement yet.

Am I THAT far behind with my phone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I once thought I hung up the phone after leaving a message...then proceeded to talk smack for 3 minutes until I heard the "run out of tape" beeps of the answering machine on the other end....
    Last edited by LORENSWIFE; October 25, 2012, 03:51 PM.
    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Do you have a transcript of that?
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
        I once thought I hung up the phone after leaving a message...then proceeded to talk smack for 3 minutes until I heard the "run out of tape" beeps of the answering machine on the other end....
        Thank goodness I will never have THAT problem! (yes I can speak very well(i think) )

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
          Do you have a transcript of that?

No thank goodness, I was really not very nice(I know hard to believe!), but I had a good reason...
          Last edited by LORENSWIFE; October 25, 2012, 03:58 PM.
          That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
            I know a guy that got forced into early retirement from that. The things he was heard saying onto an answering machine after thinking he'd hung up. The next day at work there was a meeting and the answering machine was played
            Last edited by groucho; October 25, 2012, 03:59 PM.
            STUGOTS

Comment

Most cell phones can receive picture texts, and most camera phones (they've been out probably 10 years, my first cell phone 7 years ago had a camera) can take and send pictures. They don't have to be "smart" phones. I get a response saying the text message was undeliverable whenever I send one that doesn't get through (except to one of my friends, who never seems to get any texts or calls but claims to have texted/called you several times). I've never tried to send a message to a landline though. I'll never give up my flip-phones.

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                I know a guy that got forced into early retirement from that. The things he was heard saying onto an answering machine after thinking he'd hung up. The next day at work there was a meeting and the answering machine was played
                With today's technology, you can get into the same trouble by not being sure "Mute" is activated on the conference table speaker phone during a conference call.

Comment

yikes! I am truly glad it was not a work situation!

Comment

With today's technology, you can get into the same trouble by not being sure "Mute" is activated on the conference table speaker phone during a conference call.
                    One stupid rule I learned way back when in TV school
                    ~if there is a camera in the room it is on, if there is a mic in the room it is hot.~

too bad I wasn't thinking about that when ranting probably I had been drinking...
                    Last edited by LORENSWIFE; October 25, 2012, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Groucho, don't beat yourself up. My cell phone is not set up for text or sending images. Why? Because I WANT it that way. I don't need the clutter and I think texting is just a nuisance and in some cases, just disrespectful. Wanna talk to me? Call me. Some folks think it is inconvenient to call. I tell them, "My phone is not for YOUR convenience, it is for MINE."

Ron
                      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I'm on Ron and Groucho's team, if anybody can't tell!

Comment

I'm on Ron and Groucho's team, if anybody can't tell!
                          So you won't " talk" to ME???
                          To talk to me means texting... Not by choice either!

Comment

I'm looking at something on Craigslist and the guy's gonna send me more pics before I waste the gas driving to him. He says 5 minutes. I wait 20 before calling him. He said I sent them to your phone # 15 minutes ago. First of all, that # is my HOME # (no smart phone). Second of all, does everyone assume everyone else is calling from a smart phone?
                            my phone receives and makes telephone calls. It's cellular. I work in the "industry" and my co-workers think I am insane. I don't want to deal with 'puter anything after work and this damn cell phone is as big a leash as I can stand. I type on a keyboard with 10 digits, not two thumbs.

Yes, you are that out of date. Welcome to my world.
                            Last edited by Beagle; October 25, 2012, 04:48 PM.
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                              So you won't " talk" to ME???
                              To talk to me means texting... Not by choice either!
                              Bob, you wanna talk to me, shoot me a message on here or send me an email [email protected] Just don't send me a text as I don't have it on my phone.

Ron
                              It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

gee..... i feel kinda small right now...............

I have no cell phone.

I have a 1970's trimline phone with a cord... and an answering machine.

my unlimited calling plan is only $33 a month. flat rate.

seriously.... check for yourself....649-8083 - don't expect me to answer. leave a message.

Joe Biden thinks its ok... he left me a message last night............................................. ...
                                Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Working...
                                X