Am I THAT far behind with my phone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I THAT far behind with my phone?

I'm looking at something on Craigslist and the guy's gonna send me more pics before I waste the gas driving to him. He says 5 minutes. I wait 20 before calling him. He said I sent them to your phone # 15 minutes ago. First of all, that # is my HOME # (no smart phone). Second of all, does everyone assume everyone else is calling from a smart phone?
    STUGOTS

Sadly, yes... I text only... Cannot hear to use a phone.. House phone used to be a teletype converted to use phone lines.. So smart phones are that.. Smart... It is the operator that is stupid... Get " confirming your appointment" calls from my doctor's receptionist..
    Parts counter guy texts me when my parts come in..

Watched the Cuban Missle Crisis on PBS the other day, they made a point that Kruchev was not easily gotten in touch with, explaining Western Union as the fastest way to communicate and that, at best, was a minimum of 3 days...

I still get you tube links from people who SHOULD know better... Somebody standing there talking is the most BORING video ever!

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
      I'm looking at something on Craigslist and the guy's gonna send me more pics before I waste the gas driving to him. He says 5 minutes. I wait 20 before calling him. He said I sent them to your phone # 15 minutes ago. First of all, that # is my HOME # (no smart phone). Second of all, does everyone assume everyone else is calling from a smart phone?
      You may be "that far" behind but I am, too. Somebody tried to send me a photo the other day and my phone said no comprende. The text message told me to log onto a computer and do pix or something. Whatever. My phone won't even take a photo, let alone recieve one. No, you're not alone, though we may be alone together in that regard.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Sign of the times Groucho.
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

People in certain work environments have been so used to everyone around them updating their phones every two years, they just assume the whole world has too. But, Grouch, you are a bit of a knuckle dragger when it comes to keeping up with the tech. I bet you are still sporting a flip phone from.five years ago. I stay a little behind because the "the last year's models" of phones are much cheaper.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by groucho

Originally posted by peewee View Post
            You may be "that far" behind but I am, too. Somebody tried to send me a photo the other day and my phone said no comprende. The text message told me to log onto a computer and do pix or something. Whatever. My phone won't even take a photo, let alone recieve one. No, you're not alone, though we may be alone together in that regard.
            I begrudgingly gave up my 10 year old Razr Flip Phone earlier this year for a Android Razr and if I can learn then I have no doubt Both of you guys can easily handle a smart phone, there are many functions and Apps that I'll never use but I'm actually starting to like it. There was a discussion the other day about posting a picture on here from your smart phone, I'm light years away from being able to do that, I can take a picture with the phone, email it to myself, put it in my picture or document file and then post it on here but that's the best I can do! The good news is if I need help I can ask my Granddaughter, she has the same phone.
            sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Got this one from a great friend in SC today, whatta great email day, and how it matches what's going on on BangShift somehow. Being Old School, this is my take on it, I couldn't agree more with what this is actually saying:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Day At The Beach.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	864688

That email has maybe a dozen photos like the one above, and it closes with a quote:

Albert Einstein:
              "I fear the day when the technology overlaps with our humanity. The world will only have a generation of idiots."
              Last edited by pdub; October 25, 2012, 03:15 PM.

Comment

I had iPhone 3 at first... Just updated to 4..
                My wife, also deaf did not want one but the kids and I gave her one for her birthdy... 6 months into having her phone, i say " gimme your phone... Live with out it" she got mad... I asked if she was sorry she waited so long.. Yup she was...
                I got iPhone because the kids have them.. Easier for them to help me..
                I went to 4 because I still had half the memory empty on the 3.
                My wife got 4S because 4 does not have the larger memory phones avaiable... She was on the brink of FULL

Groucho, embrace it... You too Pdub.. At first you may feel like flinging it at the wall.. But it will pass.
                I love taking pics of stuff I am sent to buy and texting them to my son for his approval when buying stuff for him
                And at the store when something's out, clic a pic, send to wife.. Thus my ass doesn't get chewed for " forgetting" something..

I paid ninety nine CENTS for my iPhone 4, $49 for my wife's 4S..

I don't have TomTom or anything.. So the maps on my phone is very handy!

Comment

Groucho's phone:

Name:	images[1].jpg
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	864689

Groucho's camera:

Name:	images[8].jpg
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	864690

Last edited by LORENSWIFE; October 25, 2012, 03:31 PM.
                  That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

My current cell phone

STUGOTS

Comment

So, when someone tries to text me or send a pic, how come there's no notice to them that I'm not equipped to receive? They'll text me, assume I got it, and when I don't respond they think I'm ignoring them
                      STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                        Groucho's phone:
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]14945[/ATTACH]

Groucho's camera:
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]14946[/ATTACH]
                        Gail, I wrote a song for you, and you're making fun of MY camera and MY phone. You won't get another song, no m'am sir-ee. Not even on cassette tape.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                          Gail, I wrote a song for you, and you're making fun of MY camera and MY phone. You won't get another song, no m'am sir-ee. Not even on cassette tape.

I was making fun of Groucho's phone!

I am keeping my song! I love my song! I would never make fun of your technology ever, I swear!

Peewee's attention span:

Name:	imagesCAU2I7M6.jpg
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	864692
                          Last edited by LORENSWIFE; October 25, 2012, 03:45 PM.
                          That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                            So, when someone tries to text me or send a pic, how come there's no notice to them that I'm not equipped to receive? They'll text me, assume I got it, and when I don't respond they think I'm ignoring them
                            Don't know " how come". But do know there isn't..
                            Right, they think you are ignoring them...
                            Since you are the " odd ball" perhaps tell them you are on a landline..

Have a 70+ year old friend, I KNOW does not text, thus I do not bother..

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                              I was making fun of Groucho's phone!

I am keeping my song! I love my song! I would never make fun of your technology ever, I swear!
                              Well, see what this sounds like when I hang up on you on the party-line dial phone....CLICK. Phones these days don't even make a click when you "hang up." I miss that. You could slam it down and make a point if you wanted to (or at least it felt like it did), or you could just gently lay it back down in the cradle. Either way, it just made a Click on the other end of the line. You knew the connection was over.

You're okay Gail. I love your little Red car.

EDIT: Dammit, I was saying that when you make fun of Groucho's technology, you are also making fun of mine! Gail's attention span:

(photo of cross-eyed cat that looks too much like peewee's high school photo inserted here)
                              Last edited by pdub; October 25, 2012, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X