NMCA today-WOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMCA today-WOW!

My first time at one of those. Some real power out there. Saw a 68 Chevelle run 6.17 at over 250MPH. That thing was really marching on the big end. Imagine that in a time machine going back to race Garlits heads up! Another standout was a late Vette that ran in some class that requires a 30 mile drive on the street followed by 3 back to back passes. No opening of the hood, and as best I could tell they had to leave em running the whole time (no cool downs). That "angry" little car went 9.10 at over 160MPH. THAT'S entertainment
    Last edited by groucho; October 27, 2012, 05:34 PM.
    STUGOTS

Pictures... Dammit!!!!!!!!

Comment

Good stuff...........6.17's is scootin
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
        Pictures... Dammit!!!!!!!!
        Yeah, you're right. But I never carry a camera. I did a couple times and found I missed all the good live shit while fiddling around with the camera.
        STUGOTS

Comment

Aah now we see , it's all about you. ha, ha
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
            My first time at one of those. Some real power out there. Saw a 68 Chevelle run 6.17 at over 250MPH. That thing was really marching on the big end. Imagine that in a time machine going back to race Garlits heads up! Another standout was a late Vette that ran in some class that requires a 30 mile drive on the street followed by 3 back to back passes. No opening of the hood, and as best I could tell they had to leave em running the whole time (no cool downs). That "angry" little car went 9.10 at over 160MPH. THAT'S entertainment
            Ed Crow's vette, twin rear mount turbo's, nitrous and water methanol injection, 427 LSX, neat car. NMCA True Street, big fun.
            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Very cool event. Good to meet you, Groucho! It was also my first time seeing the NMCA stuff. I took my uncle and 2 cousins with me and I noticed that this wasn't a spectator entertainment sort of event, but a particpants and a real enthusiast's event. I would go again. Oh, and I also failed to get pics.
              Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

See if you had a smart phone, with a camera... Pics galore!

Comment

I do and still didn't think to grab any pics.
                  Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Originally posted by cantvalve16 View Post
                    I do and still didn't think to grab any pics.
                    Sorry, wasn't directed to you...

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                      Ed Crow's vette, twin rear mount turbo's, nitrous and water methanol injection, 427 LSX, neat car. NMCA True Street, big fun.
                      Yeah, when I saw the chute I figured it'd run pretty good. 1st of 3 passes it went somewhere in the 10's. Again, with the chute I wasn't surprised (but I was impressed). 2nd pass it ripped off a 9.10! Now I'm paying attention. 3rd pass ripped off a 9.14. Respect the power. Another car that stood out in that same class was a yellow 65 GTO I saw a few yrs ago at the Carjunkie open house. It also did the 30 mile drive and in almost total silence ripped off 3 back to back bottom 10 second passes almost on the back bumper. That's one bad ass Pontiac
                      Last edited by groucho; October 28, 2012, 01:19 AM.
                      STUGOTS

Comment

A yellow 65 GTO running bottom tens? Sounds like Brian Rock..

Comment

We got interested in NMCA a few years back, my son and I have been spectators at Bradenton and Joliet and now going to Houston. Great racing, great people, great cars, manufactures midway, car show, swap meet, and not over crowded by people!! These races are a lot better deal than NHRA "over crowded" nationals......
                          200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                          Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                            Yeah, when I saw the chute I figured it'd run pretty good. 1st of 3 passes it went somewhere in the 10's. Again, with the chute I wasn't surprised (but I was impressed). 2nd pass it ripped off a 9.10! Now I'm paying attention. 3rd pass ripped off a 9.14. Respect the power. Another car that stood out in that same class was a yellow 65 GTO I saw a few yrs ago at the Carjunkie open house. It also did the 30 mile drive and in almost total silence ripped off 3 back to back bottom 10 second passes almost on the back bumper. That's one bad ass Pontiac
                            That's Brian Rock's GTO. His dad was the original owner, a 389 4 spd car. He pops in here now and again. Mostly on the Drag Week threads.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
                              We got interested in NMCA a few years back, my son and I have been spectators at Bradenton and Joliet and now going to Houston.......
                              cya there
                              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
                              X