ZL1 #34 is being restored - pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZL1 #34 is being restored - pics.

For years I have read about the legendary COPO 9560. I've lusted after its all aluminum 427cu.in. engine. dreamed of carressing its chrome valve covers and feeling the soft flexibilty of those plug wires...... ok.... that's a little creepy.....

truth is... i really have always wanted to see one of these truly rare beasts in person, up close.... today I got that wish to come true. These are pics of ZL1 #34 which is being meticulously restored by Hausfeld Classic Cars in Springboro Ohio. I got to meet Jimmy, the General Manager of this small, but very clean and organized shop. He was gracious enough to show me his holy grail of cars. a real life ZL1. It is fresh out of the booth (nice paint booth too!) with a coat of primer ready for some final blocking and reassembly. I can guarantee I will be stopping by every once in a while to check on progress of this CLASSIC ride. I can't wait to see it done. There were a few other cars in the shop, but if you want to see them, Go to the Hausfeld Classics thread which I will post here in a little while... These are just pics of a 69 Camaro...but a really special one. hope you like 'em.

If you have a fat enough wallet, give jimmy a call you - might - be able to pry this out of his lucky hands....maybe. 513 743 1700.. best of luck and thanks to Jimmy for letting me get these pics....

Ed - I gotta also mention that this is the all original car with its all original motor... just sayin - Dear Santa..............
    Last edited by oldsman496; October 30, 2012, 03:28 PM.
    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Cable drive iron dizzy!

Comment

I have that distributor in my 55....notice it has two wires, it's the K66 transistor ignition type.

Neat stuff! thanks for sharing. not many guys have got that close to one of the original aluminum big blocks.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Good stuff........keep us updated
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

years ago there was a ZL1 motor for sale here in tulsa...i have a picture of it somewhere..

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
            It is fresh out of the booth with a coat of primer ready for some final blocking and reassembly.
            They're not gonna paint it?
            Last edited by groucho; October 30, 2012, 04:13 PM.
            STUGOTS

Comment

no of course not..... this is ohio we plan on putting it on blocks in the front yard next to the refridgerator <did i skell that rite?<

yes..... they will paint it. You a funny guy............
              Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Ok newbie here. I am Jimmy from Hausfeld Classics. Looks like a great site here....

The car will be painted. It is a Fathom Green car #34. Does have the original engine which only a handful of the 69 built still do.

Thanks for the kind words about our shop!! Sorry about the mower in the background..

Comment

Welcome to the site...
                  Don't worry about the mower... We all have those dang things !... Most of us anyways...

Sweet to see one of the icons getti g TLC!

Comment

You could put a supermodel in the background and I would still stare at the car. 69 ZL1 is my #1 favorite all time ride. Please keep us updated with pics.

Last one I saw in person was at Floyd Garrett's museum almost 20 years ago.
                    GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Sweet...! Any more about the story of how it got there?

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                        Sweet...! Any more about the story of how it got there?
                        Trailer
                        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Jrinehart81 View Post
                          Ok newbie here. I am Jimmy from Hausfeld Classics. Looks like a great site here....

The car will be painted. It is a Fathom Green car #34. Does have the original engine which only a handful of the 69 built still do.

Thanks for the kind words about our shop!! Sorry about the mower in the background..
                          Thanks for lookin' in on us Jimmy! And I'm only tellin' truths about your shop being clean amd organized... I get to see a lot of shops with my job... and virtually none of them look like yours ... shame, but true..... Do ya have any other info about the back story of this car? I heard ya got it for a song.... Oh... check those pics...I edited out your mower..... It was even clean!
                          Last edited by oldsman496; October 30, 2012, 06:36 PM.
                          Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Hate to be an ass but you missed a John Deere hood looking through the passengers door. I had to go back and look real good to see it.

Uhhm, nice Camaro doesn't quite start to say what I'm thinking, so, MUCHO GRANDE BADASSEDNESS!
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

I like how those engines were totally race bred but still had emission shit on them in production cars , including the A.I.R. Pump and smog treed exhaust manifolds.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X