No announcement yet.

What's your absolute favorite old car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am pretty sure it is going to be my 67 Coronet I have now if I ever get the blown Hemi in it. I do miss the 65 Coronet that had the EFI blown wedge in it though!

Comment

1965 Beaumont hardtop
      Wish I hadn't had to sell that one......

Comment

There are several cars that I miss every day, but it would have to be my '68 Road Runner. I've written a little about it here-

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr4Speed View Post
          There are several cars that I miss every day, but it would have to be my '68 Road Runner. I've written a little about it here-

https://www.facebook.com/notes/kris-...98528846851574
          I'm not a big reader without pictures to break up the story...but I read enough to be surprised of the things you were concerned with at 19 yrs of age. Originality, dealer packet? I find it kinda weird that a 19 year old would be concerned with those things, especially in 1982. Originality to a 19 yr old in '82 was almost a bad thing. And in '82, I threw all that shit away from the glove box to make room for cassette tapes. LOL. (for reference, I was 26 in 82-not far from your age at the time). Just sayin.
          AAARGH, I just derailed my own thread. haha
          Last edited by groucho; October 31, 2012, 09:57 AM.
          STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]15030[/ATTACH]

Well don't tell my Purple 66 Nova but out of all the cars I've owned it has to be my 65 Chevelle, it was a race car/show car, 283" PG = 11.87 it's the one car I wish I'd never sold!
            Love that Chevelle. Perfect
            STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by Mr4Speed View Post

https://www.facebook.com/notes/kris-...98528846851574
              That was a good read, you write well, thank you.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

love my 53 ford..been a part of the family since 1976..

Comment

1970 Mustang Mach 1

Time Wasters...
                  http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Got to be a 41 Willys coupe. Just like these.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                      That's not an old car to me (see title)
                      I realized the title and went back and edited my post, you just happened to quote me before I got it changed. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by realsteelfreak View Post
                        I realized the title and went back and edited my post, you just happened to quote me before I got it changed. Sorry.
                        No worries, thanks
                        STUGOTS

Comment

'67 Shelby GT 500. #200 for that year. Was originally lime metalic but it came to me in '79 painted blue that most of them seem to be. Engine was orginal mostly but trashed and it had 660's on the dual for barrel manifold. Built a new FE 454' stoker and drove it with a stout 351 Cleveland in it for several years, but had to sell the whole thing a bit after my daughter was born and we needed the money.
                          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

well it has to be my 64 GTO, even though Ill be dead before its back on the road. Funny thing is I think 65 GTOs are prettier, but I have no plans on switching.
                            Reading , Pa
                            Good Guys rodders rep.
                            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
                              this is hard for a young guy!!

I would have to say my 87 Crown Vic (yes, even over the 66 Chevelle. 69 is coming up for the overtake...)

That vic would do ANYTHING. Cruise in style, comfort, and power? yup. get 25mpg? yup,. turesmoke? sure! 6 friends, plus 2 in the trunk? why not. winter? F U wINTER! pulled hard up to the end of the sweep-speedo too. I want another... Miss ya, hank.
                              Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post
                              1977 caprice 2dr

not the oldest Ive had, or fastest, but i miss that car
                              Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
                              My '78 LeBaron coupe. Bought cheap, crossed the country numerous times. Lots of memories.
                              Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                              My 85, 5.0 LX Mustang. That car was such a sleeper. Other then the 8 hole aluminum wheels and 5.0 badges, it looked like a 4 cyl LX. I had a lot of fun with it. It was a great hiway car too. It would get 25+ MPG every time. I'm sorry and regret selling it.
                              I love these mentions.
                              not exactly classic, when one has it as a favorite, a smart owner did something good. I like them even more.
                              I can't declare myself smart, but have not lost yet..not even to an asian tin can nightmare.

I am up over 20 machines..does not matter what it is anymore.

I may even go boring and simply get a GMC ...declare myself retired from the extremely dynamical conquerings.
                              Previously boxer3main
                              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

theres only one car i regret selling and it wasnt by choice, it was either the car or paying the monthly note on the house, a 61 vw rag top, only time i cried when a car left my possession
                                Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
                                X