What's your absolute favorite old car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GH View Post
    Got to be a 41 Willys coupe. Just like these.
    I will own one of those someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
      Golly gosh, Groucho. That is a tough decision. My '69 Impala SS. Black, fast back roof, stupid totally unstreetable 427 that would only run on Avgas or 104 race gas. Too stiff of clutch, but that Muncie would shift like butter at 6500 rpm. It got maybe 6 mpg on a good day. But, those lines, chromed rallys, wrap around front bumper. Mmmmmm. I only owned it 2 1/2 years, and only really drove it half that because of no heat, no wipers, all go. And, OMG did it ever go.

Then there is my '65 Impala which is the car I've owned the longest. Its slow, petulant, pain in my ass. The wiring is mess, its hot as hell to drive in summer, and it leaks in the rain. But, even with the third set of front seats, there something that hits me when I get behind the wheel. I'm staring at a heat cracked dash bezel, a speedo that sticks, it echos when I move my feet on the carpetless floor. But I my heart jumps up a notch every time I turn that key and that 383 makes a rumbly noise.

Its a rough decision, but I'll have to go with my '65 Impala SS.
      Any pics of the '69?

Comment

It's a tough call. My first car has a special place in my heart even though it was a 4 door Delta 88 from 1966. I only had it a few years, but it felt like a lifetime - and the memories made in a first car!

While I still had that first car, I saw a 68 Chevelle running around base (New River Air Station) circa 1990 or 91. I don't even remember what color it was, but I knew that I would some day own a 68 Chevelle. About two years later I was stationed on the other coast in 29 Palms, CA - just before I got out of the Marines, I bought the one in my avatar. It has been a work in progress for these past 18 and a half years... and it continues to be such.

I guess that the 68 Chevelle has to be my pick, because aside from my "first car", I haven't had any other old cars to speak of.
        Last edited by yellomalibu; November 3, 2012, 04:00 AM.

Comment

I have had alot of cars since i started buying them at the age of 17.But the chevelle is the one i like the most..its the one i cant part with for some reason.

Maybe because i use it nearly every day..

Maybe its because i just like it.

Maybe because it isnt finished.

Comment

Originally posted by racingsnake440 View Post
            Any pics of the '69?
            Not a single one. My parents took all the pics of my cars back then. I never once brought it home. It stayed at the storage place down the street.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

My problem is that my favorite old car is one that I've never owned - a '63 Sport Fury - either red or black is fine. Somehow, one never came into my life.

I've lost a ton of great cars for various reasons, mostly centered around my tendency to get divorced (I think I've fixed that). Loved my Roadrunners, miss my MGB, wish I could have held on to my first, a '53 Studebaker 2 dr. hardtop. Actually, I wish I had ALL of 'em in a big warehouse somewhere!

Dan

Comment

Got out of the Marine Corps in 1958 and bought a 50 Oldsmobile club coupe. Soon after it had a hole in the hood for the two AFB carbs setting atop a 4-71 blower. OH how I wish I had that car back.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                X