No announcement yet.

What's your absolute favorite old car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your absolute favorite old car?

I know it's been done.....But name ONLY ONE! This is not a "wish list". It HAS to be something you've actually OWNED in order to form the love for it. The small block 2nd gen Vette fastback (all those years are pretty similar to me, so I count as one car). That's the "one" that does it for me. Great car to drive (and look at).
    Last edited by groucho; November 1, 2012, 09:44 AM.
    STUGOTS

1969 Pontiac Firebird.
    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

My '55 Chevy.........always wanted one since I had one my senior year of high school.
      My wife and I dated in it.
      Putting in the 409 made it even more special.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

57 Chev... Have one now had a 4 dr ht too.. This one drives way better.. More thought out

Comment

cars we have owned, choose one..
          ignoring the trucks.

I would go with the 78 delta 88 royale sedan.
          301 pontiac, tow package...some letter S on the gear shift, did not mean second gear. I never did get an explanation.
          factory tranny cooler, big radiator..
          every option. all power.
          thick stubborn engine and never seen again.
          doing what I do today for chores .. the problems would be considered trivial. back then they were not..living under the mentally challenged dads roof.

I have much better choices..but you did say what we have owned as a favorite to mention.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Northeast Rod Run
            Usually these threads get de-railed pretty damn quick and since you technically named 5 cars in the first post of your own thread, I see this thread falling apart before it even hits the second page ;)

by the second page people will be listing their all-time top 10's and they won't have even owned 70% of them

My question is, have you actually owned all those Vettes before, or just one of the years?
            I've had somewhere around 80 Vettes in those years. I have a 64 now. I thought if I named ONE of the years between 63-67 it'd start a shit storm of questions as to WHY that year, being's they all are so similar. So, I grouped the 2nd gen (63-67) as one. Either way I lose and it will get derailed.
            Last edited by groucho; October 30, 2012, 06:40 PM.
            STUGOTS

Comment

The 65 Dodge D100, now living the life of luxury in Caryville Tn with a friend and LSR guy.
              Last edited by realsteelfreak; October 30, 2012, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by realsteelfreak View Post
                2004 Mach 1, hands down the best daily driver I have ever had.
                That's not an old car to me (see title)
                STUGOTS

Comment

My 73 Monte Carlo. Its just the car I would have bought brand new if I could have.

Comment

'66 Impala, my first car built from a rolling body when I was 17. Awesome body lines and style, 327 4 Speed, fun car!! Wish I had that car back......
                    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

55 belair hardtop, that's why I have one
                      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

'70 Boss 302.
                        Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

70 cutlass s Fastback. 350 Oldsmobile headders buckets,and duals. I miss that car everyday .
                          Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

this is hard for a young guy!!

I would have to say my 87 Crown Vic (yes, even over the 66 Chevelle. 69 is coming up for the overtake...)

That vic would do ANYTHING. Cruise in style, comfort, and power? yup. get 25mpg? yup,. turesmoke? sure! 6 friends, plus 2 in the trunk? why not. winter? F U wINTER! pulled hard up to the end of the sweep-speedo too. I want another... Miss ya, hank.
                            Local person
                            sigpic

Comment

1977 caprice 2dr

not the oldest Ive had, or fastest, but i miss that car
                              Charles

Comment

Working...
                              X