Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200WINS
    replied
    Here are a few more pictures of the Pizza Man Corvette in a little different dress, and the later AMC Gremlin...... Dig the words on the scoop....."6 In a row... is the way to go"
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• BigDad
    replied
    That car is cool, and much more so for us locals that seen it ..Knew Earl and know Sam .

Not sure if it translates to the masses all that well, sadly ..

Like grandpa said .. Takes two people to make it an auction

Good luck with it !Click image for larger version

Name:	PizzaMan54Vette.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	864807

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    I was wondering if it runs the original Blue Fame Six or a V8?

I answered my own question by clicking on the link above.
    Last edited by Scott Liggett; November 5, 2012, 01:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hampton
    replied
    Pizza Man

200WINS:

Yes, I am the owner. You probably saw the car when it was at Automania last summer in Sioux Falls. Sam Britt and Family did a family photo shoot with the car when it was housed at the local Chevrolet dealership.

I have worked closely with Sam Britt over the years gathering information on the car and stories about the car and his Father, Earl. The car has a lot of personality and the primary reason for my wanting to sell it as that my original intention--when I purchased the car from Dana Mecum's personal collection in '99--was to get it in front of the public after it was put back to race specs. The Museum at BG was a great venue and accomplished much of what I was looking for but they didn't keep it as long as I had wished.

I may try the NHRA Museum in Pomona next.

Thanks for the kind words.
    Last edited by Dan Hampton; November 4, 2012, 10:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hampton View Post
    There was only one bidder at $110,000. Dana Mecum, as someone said, did a great job in promoting the car. I was very pleased with the effort and I know he expended an considerable amount of time and resources getting this ready for auction. Kudos to both Dana and his staff.

Regarding the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, it would still be on display but the BOD has a policy that they will not keep any car for more than 12 months (I got them to extend it to 16 months). I offered to let them use it for three years but was turned down. Go figure.

The car was not sold post auction. It is currently on loan, sitting in Mecum's new museum, in Walworth, Wi.
    Dan I assume you are the owner?? I know Sam Britt as a racer at Thunder Valley here in South Dakota. Pizza Man Corvette being tied to our area makes it more special to me....... Great car!!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hampton
    replied
    There was only one bidder at $110,000. Dana Mecum, as someone said, did a great job in promoting the car. I was very pleased with the effort and I know he expended an considerable amount of time and resources getting this ready for auction. Kudos to both Dana and his staff.

Regarding the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, it would still be on display but the BOD has a policy that they will not keep any car for more than 12 months (I got them to extend it to 16 months). I offered to let them use it for three years but was turned down. Go figure.

The car was not sold post auction. It is currently on loan, sitting in Mecum's new museum, in Walworth, Wi.
    Last edited by Dan Hampton; November 3, 2012, 07:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BOOOGHAR
    replied
    they hyped the shit out of it on tv commercials for mecum

Leave a comment:

• Devil
    replied
    No idea, they didn't mention it over the loud speaker. I heard rumors he was hoping for 200k.

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    Thanks Ryan, Do you know what the reserve might have been??

Leave a comment:

• Devil
    replied
    It was a no-sale at $110,000. Nobody was bidding on it really. Nobody seriously.

Last edited by Devil; October 31, 2012, 05:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    I wasn't sure if that information had been updated, Classic Car very important piece of racing history. I saw it in the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green a few years ago, I think that is where it belongs....

Leave a comment:

• BigDad
    replied
    from the link you provided

This vehicle is still available. Contact a Mecum Agent today at (262) 275-5050 to place your bid.

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    started a topic Pizza Man Corvette

Pizza Man Corvette

Page Not Found. Here are some quick links to the top Mecum Auctions pages to get you back on track quickly.

Does anyone know if the Pizza Man Corvette sold at the Mecum Auction last weekend??
Working...
X