BBM...is this the end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBM...is this the end?

I have signed in btw..we should all do so!.

There are three boxes to fill, from top to bottom in reads:
    - Name
    - Place of residence
    - E-mail address (your e-mail address will not be shown anywhere after signing)

Hit the Send ('Verzenden') button when you're done.

Wanna explain for those of us who do not read dutch or norse. Dunno which it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
      Wanna explain for those of us who do not read dutch or norse. Dunno which it is.
      I forgot to add...

The classic car hobby in The Netherlands is being threatened by a change in tax-laws that will result in the ownership of classic cars becoming too expensive for a majority of enthusiasts.

Classic cars have traditionally been exempt from road-taxes. Our newly elected government now wants to road-tax classic cars in the same way as new, daily drivers cars are being taxed. This is a system where the road-tax becomes higher as your car is heavier and has a larger displacement engine... two characteristics of American classic car.

If this tax proposal passes, it means paying up to $3200 in road-tax each year if you own an American car from the 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's. For the majority of us, this will make an already expensive hobby become simply unaffordable.

Please help us out by taking 20 seconds to sign this on-line petition http://www.knac.nl/petitie/ set up by the KNAC (Royal Dutch Automobile Club).

Comment

Done. I don't know if they care much about a guy from NC, USA but I'll try.

If this passes I'll wager that lots of Dutch cars will suddenly "move" to more car-friendly countries. This doesn't work for anyone.

Dan

Comment

That's pretty much how it stands right now, but, these are still part of our 'goverment coalition agreement plans'.
          Since the 3 days the plans have been made public now, there's already a lot of rumour and opposition against the taxing-the-oldtimer-cars-part.

If these plans are being put to work, it will mean the loss of numerous automotive businesses in the Netherlands.
          You can imagine this went as a shockwave through the car-hobby enthusiasts.
          www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Stick together ! Fight ! Tell em to F off. Dont let them take your stuff. We all have to pay attention because it could happen here.

Comment

Sounds a lot like the politicians in Cali. They see a way to make more tax money this fiscal year and dont see what damage it will cause beyond that. Political stupidity seems to be universal.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Can't see the forest for the #@*! trees.....

Joined the ranks. If they can do it there, they'll sure as hell try that HERE.

Comment

I'm in! Hope this makes a difference.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Hung out with a dude from the Netherlands at SEMA this week and he filled me in. Total crap!

Here's to hoping that all of the car guys in the Netherlands band together to fight this!
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Cali had a huge cruise right up to the steps of the state capital building when they were talking about revoking about the pre '75 smog exempt laws. The law was originally was written to exempt cars as they turned 30 years old. The state congress wanted to repeal the law altogether going back to only pre '66 to be exempt. Thousands of classics showed up to show their solidarity. Petitions were spread to start proceedings to remove the two state senators who sponsored the repeal of the law. They settled on the pre 75 exempt permenantly exempt portion. I think SEMA and the Goodguys spread the word. It was the biggest car show in Sacramento since CC held their Street Machine Nationals there.

It showed that hot rodders were voters too.
                      Last edited by Scott Liggett; November 2, 2012, 08:19 PM.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

If this is something that will be spread around the world,it just shows that everybody that will be targeted..need to stick together..if you drive a 73 Honda CB750 or a 37 Bantam...join a club that is big already,and have the power to do something.

There have been several attempts here in scandinavia to make this hobby more expensive and difficult to run,but so far..thanks to big car and bike organisations,it has been a dead run.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                          Done. I don't know if they care much about a guy from NC, USA but I'll try.

If this passes I'll wager that lots of Dutch cars will suddenly "move" to more car-friendly countries. This doesn't work for anyone.

Dan
                          I heard some months ago,that Switzerland has some new laws coming..that will make old cars very expensive to own..lots of guys here in scandinavia seems to think they can take advantage of this by going there and buy cheap old cars...but the market is already flooded here..a nice Porsche 911 or a 57 Chevy is just worth what the market brings.

Comment

The problem with the proposed changes concerning old cars is that Europe has governing legislation concerning this subject.
                            But (of course) as this little country of mine always somehow wants to be first inline getting a 'white foot' with Europe, we go further than all the other Euro-countries and make up extra taxes.

A lot of good US-cars are already imported from Switzerland to other countries. Switserland seems like a typical country that hates cars to the bone.
                            Just one rust hole on your car and they give you the choice to either crush it, or deport yourself and belongings from their precious country...
                            www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Can't the Swiss just fix the hole? I'm thinking a patch panel and a little time with the MIG. I can DO that - and Todd can do it forever!

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X