The Indy 500 is back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Indy 500 is back!

Just wanted to say that the race was great this weekend. The crowd was back just like old times. Even with gas prices as high as they are.
    Everything just seemed right.
    It was funny watching Danica storming down pit road with the crowd going nuts, going to kick Ryan Briscoe's ass. It would have been more funny to see what would have happened if she got up to him.
    Marco dive bombing under Tony Kannaan, causing Tony to lose it and taking out Sarah Fisher. Kinda sad for Sarah, she put her entire team together financially and had some last minute sponsors to join in. She was somewhat competitive too.

Amazed that Milka Duno lasted as long as she did. A little better driving and she could have made it to the end for a good pay day.

Re: The Indy 500 is back!

It was a good race, and definately too bad for Sarah as I honestly think she is a better driver than Danica
    if she could get a ride in a quality team!

Comment

I forgot that was even happening this weekend. Shows how much they've jumped the shark.

Comment

It's been hard to care about them...

Helio, Danica, Sarah... they make good ink... and I enjoyed the show...

This is the American Race but it's been destroyed by ego's... they need to get back to a combination that allows innovation and entry level racers so there can be another Smokey Yunick and Lil John Butera... or Mickey Thompson for that matter... There just has to be a way... Problem is they aren't searching for it... they are way to busy getting and giving strokes to themselves...

K

Comment

Keith, check out ALMS.

Comment

I'll agree with you on that,Indy. They've got my attention right now.There's nothing fake about it.It's a spec race just like nascar but there honest about it . Well except for that carburator day thing !

Comment

Ah, Carb Day....yet another excuse to drink overpriced beer at the track*not that I'D know anything about such lowbrow behavior...*hic*....

Caught bits and pieces on the radio, even 10 miles south of the track I can still hear them giving it hell down the main stretch.

Danica...tiny little thing....storming down the pit lanes....LMAO....someone's gonna hang that girl off of the pit lane sign by the back of her t-bottoms one of these days.....leave her clawing and spitting like a pissed-off tabbycat...LMAO :D....I could see AJ Foyt doing it totally.....

Time will tell how long it lasts, would be nice to see some home-brewed off the wall wacky shit like the old days.......something tells me Ol'Smoke ain't done with the open-wheel crowd...not 'til a Borg-Warner trophy is sitting on his mantle down in Columbus.

Comment

yeah and he's got the jack to make it a Happy thing.... be interesting... hard to give up that 600 race too thou..... Thanks Tony George... yet another thing he's been a Freaking TOTAL weenie on...

Dumbest freaking thing I've ever heard of was moving the time to insure they couldn't race in both... Like Indy cars can afford it...

K

Comment

Not bashing you Kieth but I don't feel Tony has been a total weenie on anything.
                  There are reasons for his decisions. One was to move the start time trying to regain the TV audience on the west coast. Must have worked, the 500 drew a 5.1 Nielsen rating while Nascar drew a 4.5.
                  Dumb move would be to move it back so 1 driver can do both races.
                  As good as Tony Stewart is, he is not bigger than the 500.

Comment

I thought it was kinda cool when guys drove both races in a single day. 1100 miles of racing in one day!
                    Things like that attract people's attention. We've discussed the NASCAR thing here before, but man they have to do something to get me interested again. Too much drama. Although I will admit that with Toyota doing so well this year things are getting a tad bit interesting. I hope that Indy does come back, it will be a long uphill battle I am afraid.

Comment

Its Nascar Toyota is about to see the rules written in pencil hit them right between the eyes. Nascar giveth and Nascar taketh away. To many Chevy guys fill those stands to be letting Toyo's win to many races
                      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC
                        Its Nascar Toyota is about to see the rules written in pencil hit them right between the eyes. Nascar giveth and Nascar taketh away. To many Chevy guys fill those stands to be letting Toyo's win to many races
                        The way I understand the new COT rules it will be more difficult to make such arbitrary changes. However, we all know NASCAR and that it can do whatever it wants. I personally would hope they aren't that unaware of the image they portray when they do that kind of thing. Of course, they pretty much let Junior get away with whatever he wants and he still can't win. Oh well......

Comment

Working...
                        X