Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love my neighborhood...

This is why I love my neighborhood.

On my street alone, I have one guy with a late 60's Vette; another guy has a '34 dodge business coupe, and a eary 60's chevy wagon, a few blocks over, some guy according to a mailman a guy in the area has 4 cobra kit cars, 5 blocks due east of me, a guy has two late 60's GTO's, some old guy has a 54 Ford wagon, and his neighbor has a 71-72 lime green challenger, complete with trunk luggage rack.
    There are a few others around here, some guy is an AMC eagle freeeeak...LOL, 4wd kind, and another has a pair of small AMC's, I think they are Ramblers.
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Re: I love my neighborhood...

Where do you live in Omaha?

I work near Carter Lake, which is supposed to be a crappy part of town, yet there are a TON of nicely built hotrods here. I tuned an EFI'd Cobra kit car before the guy had it painted, the painter's house had 3 other Cobras there so I figured maybe you lived near there?
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I am down in Bellevue, south of Harrison street a little bit...I just like the fact I am not the only freak around here into cars...
      Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

I'm jealous man i live 10 km from the nearest town but we are building a drag strip there

Comment

You know, I WISH we had a 1/4 mile strip closer than KC around here...but to be honest, IMHO, my Torino isn't worth even attempting the strip at this time...so much different projects to finish up.
          I know there is the MAM and the 1/8th mile, but I want a full 1/4 close to Omaha.
          -shrug-
          Anyways, DG, I thought you lived in Lincoln, what in the cornbread hell are you doing on Carter Lake?
          I tried working in CB welding truck equipment, hell man, the tax issue living in NE, working in Iowa, I stopped that after a few months. A union strike didn't help matters.
          Anyways, have a good one.
          Andrew

Comment

Be glad you have an 1/8 mile. When I lived there we didn't have anything. Probably why I was racing in front of Diesel's offices most weekends plus on West Dodge Rd between 72nd and 96th.

Look for my old high school buddies 69 Chevelle SS 396 in Bellevue. He bought it just before our senior year. Too bad it's been on jackstands next to his house since the mid 90's.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Hell out there in all that flat land what do you need a legit strip for? just mark out a 1/4
              and go for it just have some one around with a stopwatch or in my case they would have to
              have a sundial ;D LOL

Comment

our drag strip is 475 international dragway.....the expressway in Flint...we have no drag strip, so we made our own, we even have the 1/4 mile marked with a orange drum.....its been their for years, laughing, I cant believe the city has not removed it.....
                The Mayor keeps promising a drag strip, but never comes through, just before election he says he is building one...and of course he gets elected because of false promises.

Comment

Originally posted by racepics
                  Hell out there in all that flat land what do you need a legit strip for? just mark out a 1/4
                  and go for it just have some one around with a stopwatch or in my case they would have to
                  have a sundial ;D LOL
                  Omaha is not flat. Ask a kid who rides his skateboard or bicycle. Lincoln on the other hand...

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by whiplash
                    our drag strip is 475 international dragway.....the expressway in Flint...we have no drag strip, so we made our own, we even have the 1/4 mile marked with a orange drum.....its been their for years, laughing, I cant believe the city has not removed it.....
                    The Mayor keeps promising a drag strip, but never comes through, just before election he says he is building one...and of course he gets elected because of false promises.
                    Yeah, we the same problem with our former mayor and our present mayor. Fast N the Furious 4 is filming. When the movie comes out we are planning on a rally/peaceful protest in front of city hall. Our goal to shut down traffic by have a large number of people, and getting out our message across that there is a solution-a dragstrip that caters to street racer!

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver

Be glad you have an 1/8 mile. When I lived there we didn't have anything. Probably why I was racing in front of Diesel's offices most weekends plus on West Dodge Rd between 72nd and 96th.

Look for my old high school buddies 69 Chevelle SS 396 in Bellevue. He bought it just before our senior year. Too bad it's been on jackstands next to his house since the mid 90's.
                      Originally posted by racepics
                      have a sundial ;D LOL
                      Omaha is not flat. Ask a kid who rides his skateboard or bicycle. Lincoln on the other hand...
                      [/quote]

Yeah, or ask the little bastards that cracked open a half dozen fire hydrants in January, on some of the steep hills in down town and North O...talk about a messed up ordeal.

Rebel, by any chance, was his name Tom?
                      I went to school at Bryan Sr, transfer mid year 10th grade, and got to know a guy named Tom with a blue late 60's chevy. Only thing was that poor car, I needed a surfing board for all the waves in the body. I still remember some kid driving a dead-nuts mean Ford Falcon, slapper bars, drag slicks year round it seamed, smoking the tires out of the lot every day.
                      Andrew

Comment

Nope, Dave was his name. It's a silver with black SS stripes car. I think it had slots on it too. We went to Papio.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

2:32am, and I don't have anything better to be doing.

Anyways, never hung with the papio crowd. Just Ralston and some of the Bryan Sr crowd.
                          correction: I dated a girl from Papio. First date, her dad met me at the door, with a 12 gauge shotgun, and said "be home by midnight; do you understand me?"
                          "Yes sir!", and she was home, ten till midnight.

Sorry, stupid random thoughts.

Anyways...time to crash. gonna spend tomorrow hammering on the Torino getting it prepped for PT.
                          Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76
                            You know, I WISH we had a 1/4 mile strip closer than KC around here...but to be honest, IMHO, my Torino isn't worth even attempting the strip at this time...so much different projects to finish up.
                            I know there is the MAM and the 1/8th mile, but I want a full 1/4 close to Omaha.
                            -shrug-
                            Anyways, DG, I thought you lived in Lincoln, what in the cornbread hell are you doing on Carter Lake?
                            I tried working in CB welding truck equipment, hell man, the tax issue living in NE, working in Iowa, I stopped that after a few months. A union strike didn't help matters.
                            Anyways, have a good one.

I live out near Treynor IA, have 5 acres and a big shop there (with everyone else's car projects inside, none of my own!). But I work near downtown, just on the Carter Lake side - right across the road from Gallup, about 1/4 mile before the airport entrance... you know, right by those weird steel sculpture things??

Man, do I agree with you, I am sick of the 1/8 mile and REALLY sick of the damned bracket racing monkies that seem to rule the place. Throttle stops are for people who shouldn't be drag racing IMO.

Anyways, we'll have to hook up sometime.

-scott
                            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Well, if you are able to headed to lincoln for the PT event, just look for a tan primered fastback Torino...hopefully I will not have gotten into too much trouble with the local authorities...

Andy
                              Andrew

Comment

Working...
                              X