Has NASCAR went brain dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has NASCAR went brain dead?

I'm far from being a fan but I did watch the last two laps, what were they thinking letting the Drivers go for the checkered flag when they knew there was a disabled car on the front straightaway? I know they wanted to finish up the race but really. I'm surprised Danica didn't go up to the tower and kick Butt after getting slammed from behind, that was really, really a dumb call on the part of NASCAR/NASCRASH!
    sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Forget Danica. Have you seen the Gordon/Bowyer brawl in Phoenix? Can't wait to see what comes out of that.

Last edited by BangShift McT; November 11, 2012, 06:49 PM.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Nascar went brain dead years ago.......just look at the empty seats!
      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post

I haven't watched a single lap of NASCRAP this year, but from the above it seems like the trend is indeed linear. And ongoing.

It's loud. It's fast. It's bullshit, and profit driven.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
          Forget Danica. Have you seen the Gordon/Bowyer brawl in Phoenix? Can't wait to see what comes out of that.
          Nope, I knew something had went on earlier because the Police were gathered around the NASCAR hauler protecting Jeffey but like I said I only caught the last two laps and that was by accident.
          sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
            Pheonix was sold out this weekend. I guess they got their money's worth today.

Jeff, I just finished watching the race. The fact they didn't toss the yellow flag the minute Danica spun is idiotic. She was sideways in the groove with cars still coming at her. After all the cars passed, she barely got her car moving and out of the way of the racing cars, but her car was dropping oil and radiator fluid all over the track; and they still didn't throw the yellow flag. Nascar caused the wreck on the last lap because they wanted to keep the race end interesting. They sit and preach about drivers doing things that can get other drivers wrecked and hurt and here they did the exact same thing. Ryan Newman, Danica Patrick took extremely hard hits because of their decision.

All of those teams should send the repair bills to fix all those wrecked cars to Nascar.
            Last edited by Scott Liggett; November 11, 2012, 11:22 PM.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
              Pheonix was sold out this weekend. I guess they got their money's worth today.

Jeff, I just finished watching the race. The fact they didn't toss the yellow flag the minute Danica spun is idiotic. She was sideways in the groove with cars still coming at her. After all the cars passed, she barely got her car moving and out of the way of the racing cars, but her car was dropping oil and radiator fluid all over the track; and they still didn't throw the yellow flag. Nascar caused the wreck on the last lap because they wanted to keep the race end interesting. They sit and preach about drivers doing things that can get other drivers wrecked and hurt and here they did the exact same thing. Ryan Newman, Danica Patrick took extremely hard hits because of their decision.

All of those teams should send the repair bills to fix all those wrecked cars to Nascar.
              I watched the last 40 laps of Talladega and there were empty sections at that race.
              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

never thought I would ever see empty seats at talladega and charlotte

Comment

I think some of the problem belongs to Nascar telling the "Boy's to have at it"

If you race at any circle track in the country where the rules are not enforced sooner or later they settle it between themselves and that is just what happened here.

There are been many incidents where these two drivers have gotten together and it has always been looked at as just hard racing.

The problem when one driver feels it is always happening to him he gets even sooner or later.

It kind of like when you race at any track where rules are not enforced and you know other racers are cheating and no one say's anything you also start cheating. I am not saying it RIGHT but that's what happens when they say "Boy's have at it"

Maybe just sitting the two drivers now before it ever got to this point and talking to them might have prevented this from happening.

I remember Geoff Bodine one time saying we can all use these cars as a weapon if we choose to.

Again I am not saying who was right or wrong just that all this can be somewhat controlled by Nascar it they really want to stop it.

Jimbo

Comment

Stupid move by Jeff Gordon. Not only should Boyer dot his eye, but so should the other guys he took out with that stupid idea.
                    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                      Stupid move by Jeff Gordon. Not only should Boyer dot his eye, but so should the other guys he took out with that stupid idea.
                      X2 on the stupid move, very irresponsible for such a veteran driver but so typical of a brat that just cant handle not being on the top every week.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                        never thought I would ever see empty seats at talladega and charlotte
                        Driving around in circles and making left turns in boring, especially when all the cars look the same...... Though realize greed and money end up ruining every sport.......

Comment

Tomorrow is Penalty Tuesday in Nascar land. Anyone want to take bets if Gordon gets suspended for the last race, or they park his car altogether; or just points and fines? If it was one of Busch boys, I say parked or suspended; but Jeffrey has been Nascar's golden boy so the question is up in the air.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

He and Bowyer will get probation till end of the year. I guess so the will not have a food fight at the awards ceremony in Vegas.
                            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

NASCAR penalizes Gordon, Bowyer, Keselowski
                              By Official Release
                              November 12, 2012 5:39 PM, EST

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR announced Monday penalties to three teams that compete in the Sprint Cup Series as a result of rule infractions at Phoenix International Raceway.

Jeff Gordon was found to be in violation of Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) -- altercation with another competitor on the race track during the race -- and has been fined $100,000, docked 25 championship driver points and put on probation until Dec. 31. Rick Hendrick, owner of the No. 24 car, also has also been penalized with the loss of 25 championship owner points. Alan Gustafson, crew chief of the No. 24 car, was found to be in violation of Section 9-4A (at all events, crew chief assumes responsibility of his driver, car owner and team members) and has been placed on probation until Dec. 31.

Brian Pattie, crew chief of the No. 15 car, violated Sections 12-1 and 9-4A and has been fined $25,000 and placed on probation until Dec. 31.

Brad Keselowski, driver of the No. 2 car, has been fined $25,000 and placed on probation until Dec. 31 for violating Sections 12-1 and 20-6.7A (cars and drivers will not be permitted to carry onboard computers, automated electronic recording devices, electronically actuated devices, power distribution modules, power conditioners, micro-processors, recording devices, electronic digital memory chips, traction control devices, digital readout gauges and the like, even if inoperable or incomplete). Keselowski had a cell phone in his race car.

All of these violations occurred during Sunday's event at PIR.
                              Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                              74 Nova Project
                              66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                              79 Chevy Truck Project
                              1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Working...
                              X