Nice House For Sale Here in Cleveland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice House For Sale Here in Cleveland

I'm not gonna sling dirt, there's a lot of conjecture and rumors to go with it, which I really don't care to favor or spread.

But the most accepted facts are, a prominent real estate developer here in this area maybe perhaps got in a little bit over his head when he went to build his own house on a piece of property on US11 northbound out of Cleveland.

The thing is now surrounded by a chain link fence to keep gawkers out, just sitting there for a few years. Have any of y'all seen The Biltmore House in Ashville NC? This is a lesser version. And not finished. Bankrupt, sad story I reckon. Playing with too many marbles at once, finally.

Fancy stone, all of it, it's a spectacle. Dried in, but not finished. Word has it, it's for sale for $3 million as-is.

The out-building behind it has a many-many-car garage, and maybe a two-thousand square foot house above that. That's just the outbuilding

I can go tomorrow and take photos if anyone's interested. It's quite a sight. Probably a good deal.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Three million dollars houses grow on tree here in the Boston, NY, NJ, area as well as in So Cal.

There's a house for sale 15 miles from me for $33 million dollars.

Edit -- Sorry, it is $45 million dollars. My bad.
    Last edited by Brian Lohnes; November 12, 2012, 06:20 PM.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
      Three million dollars houses grow on tree here in the Boston, NY, NJ, area as well as in So Cal.

Showoff.

Comment

maine coast is like that , expensive houses..
        my brother builds some, mentions wood I never heard of. boat builders on houses..

I gotta sneak up on some of his work, he hand made some things left to be pillars for years to come. he does not know his own value..
        you know how some sit around complaining of a roof leak for 30 years..
        he does ten times the size from ground up in weeks.
        a real eye opener for work ethic if you sit around alot.

I was driving in pa in my dads rig, horrifying odor of a landfill on the side of a hill...

in the woods, opposite the valley the higway now owns..

a house sits priceless, also made of something other than concrete or wood.
        the story must a be a painful one. landfill across the valley to fill its front yard...ingrown by trees no road to it.. I am guessing 50 years no value.

governors island NY is another astounding priceless, I guess they are making it public today, parks and stuff.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; November 12, 2012, 06:48 PM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post

Edit -- Sorry, it is $45 million dollars. My bad.
          I do not think all the houses in Geneva are worth 45 million combined.

EDIT- I mean 33 million, hell 15 million.
          Last edited by nesabo; November 13, 2012, 05:27 AM.
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

a gentleman next to my dad's house at the bay just completed his 10,000 sq foot storm bait. The last house on that location was floated off on a barge after IKE pulled all the dirt out from under it.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Be careful PW. This thread may get locked too on this Pollyanna site. Housing prices can be tied to the current state of the economy. And we know what big, bad "P" word the economy can lead us to! Be watchful...
              Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Who the hell needs that much house? That much shop I can see, always need shop space for more cars, but no use for a huge house. The house we live in is too big, we could do with a much smaller one as long as I had a few acres and shop space. To me its like paying hundreds of thousands for an old car, or a new one for that matter, more money than brains.

Comment

Todd - nothing about a house like that has anything to do with NEED. It has more to do with "because I can".

I was once asked most seriously by a realtor lady what a guy would do with "all that out building" speaking of my tiny little 30x50x12, it's all about perspective.

Most of us bangshifters would be happy with a big pole barn that had a small living area up in one corner - sadly - most of the rest of the population of the world thinks we're nuts.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                    I do not think all the houses in Geneva are worth 45 million combined.

EDIT- I mean 33 million, hell 15 million.
                    Pretty much the same here, which makes this house a road gawking tourist spot, a photo op, it's so out of place.

But the price (again, "rumored" at 3 mil as-is) is all about where it's sitting I'm sure, the local market.

When you think that an apartment (at least what I call an apartment) in the ritzy part of New York City can easily go for over a mil, if this house was sitting in that market (not that there's a lot that big anywhere in the concrete paradise), I'll bet it would go for....well, unobtainium with shingles. 80, 90, forty eleven TRILLION dollars.

Bryan, can you post a pic of the 33 million dollar house? I'd love to see it. To get some idea.

Comment

3 million is a hell of a lot of house for Cleveland Peewee, no doubt. I wouldn't mind seeing it if you get the chance to snap some pics.

Right now it's just me, no family, so even a dream house for me wouldn't be that big. Good sized bedroom, living room, a kitchen big enough to move around in, a spare bedroom, library, a basement where I could have my mad scientists lair, nice deck with a hot tub, and an attached garage. Put a good sized pole barn for a shop, a greenhouse, and maybe a swimming pool - since I'm being greedy - on the property and I think I'd be quite happy. Anything more and I'd probably have to hire a live in maid just to keep up with the dusting.
                      I'm probably wrong

Comment

I'll post up a pic or two tomorrow afternoon. That's not my normal path home from work, but I have to goof around some tomorrow after work anyhow before I have to go back to work tomorrow evening. No, wait, that's Thursday. Anyhow, I'll post pics of the giant house, stand by a day or two. Maybe I can find some already-ones on the real estate sites, though there's not a For Sale sign in front of the giant house.

On Thursday I've volunteered to help the team give out turkeys to the workforce at the evening shift change . A gate greeting of sorts, an annual tradition. Everybody gets a frozen turkey. And here's an old song to go with that. 'Tis the season, right?

Last edited by pdub; November 13, 2012, 01:28 PM.

Comment

3 mill for an unfinished house. Any guess on what it will cost to finish?
                          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

EWWWWWWWWWWWWW, I'm researching the case the case of the giant house and found more than I wanted to know. Ohhhhh my. It's ....no, I'm not going there, posting all of that. I'll take a pic or two of the house from the road and we'll leave it at that. The house is what it is. Ohhh my. Oh my.

Comment

Even here in the land of wealthy celebs, oil sheik summer homes, super rich studio chiefs and billionaire movie producers has a few half finished mansions.just sitting. There is a famous out in Malibu on a mountain top that was built on some old hippy commune. Its rented out all the time for photo shoots.

We currently have two or three places for sale in the $150 million range. They are hard to sell because anyone who can afford that kind of scratch for a house will very discerning tastes that will most likely different than the current house. They usually get bulldozed or completely gutted and rebuilt to the new owners tastes.

There are plenty people who were wealthy before the economy imploded in 2008 who were in the middle of building their dream home and had to stop because they went broke. Many of these homes sat empty and half done. Though they blend in with every third house that is in the middle of a major renovation. The only difference no one shows up at 7 am to start hammering.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X