No announcement yet.

Cheap Paint job, DIY style.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like you can still see through so I'd call it a practice coat, sand down the runs, make your adjustments and it should be great!
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

It will look good this time around. I've tried to paint outdoors in central florida before. If you don't have the humidity to deal with, then it would be all the little bugs.
      Originally posted by TC
      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

You could've just continued spraying until everything was soaking with paint, then cut the off the drips at the bottom with a sharpy when they are dry...
        www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

On one of my first attempts with doors, enamel, and the hvlp. The door was half in a shadow and half in direct sun. Tested for dry on the sunny side. Flipped that thing up and leaned it out of the way. Twenty minutes later the door had drips big enough to surf on. The top layer flashed and bottom layer was still fluid. No sanding on that one strait to stripper messy....

I think "sanding on it" is a much closer description. We can add that to Stokes southernisims.

Steve

BTW this is going to look really good when you are done.
          Last edited by rightpedal; November 17, 2012, 03:50 AM.
          Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Working...
          X