Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F Bomb

Parked and unused ?

Typical magazine project .... never to be heard from again ....

with all the preachin' from the mags to get out and drive our 'rods, seems like it wouldn't be that way .... oh well.
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Sometimes life just gets in the way of things.

That, or maybe the F stands for Forgotten...
      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Make a nice planter
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

ONLY car I ever heard of that got DRIVEN was Grey Baskerville's 32 Ford with several configurations...
          He apparantly drove it everywhere alot..

Thanks Big Dad.... Sat here awhile...knew damn well it wasn't a T-bucket.... Knew one of the guys would set me straight... Wouldn't mind one of those as a driver, but with a metal top..
          Last edited by Deaf Bob; November 15, 2012, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Greys car was a 32 Ford

sigpic

Comment

I 've seen the F Bomb a bunch of times either at the storage warehouse next to the Automobile Driving Musuem, or at the HRM shop. The car some teething issues with the Nelson engine fuel delivery and some other crap. It looks like its getting work done on it, albiet very slowly. DF let it it sit at the.cjtv offices after balding the drag radials for sound for the F&F 4 movie. Then it sat at Nelson's untouched for two years as a business card for them.

Then it headed back to hrm offices when they moved to El Segundo.

Why it is being mostly ignored is a question for him. It seems to falling into the same fate as his Super Bee for the same reason. The car really isnt that streetable because of its issues and he is ignoring for the cars that he can get in and drive.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a project for some lucky BangShifter.........
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                  I 've seen the F Bomb a bunch of times either at the storage warehouse next to the Automobile Driving Musuem, or at the HRM shop. The car some teething issues with the Nelson engine fuel delivery and some other crap. It looks like its getting work done on it, albiet very slowly. DF let it it sit at the.cjtv offices after balding the drag radials for sound for the F&F 4 movie. Then it sat at Nelson's untouched for two years as a business card for them.

Then it headed back to hrm offices when they moved to El Segundo.

Why it is being mostly ignored is a question for him. It seems to falling into the same fate as his Super Bee for the same reason. The car really isnt that streetable because of its issues and he is ignoring for the cars that he can get in and drive.
                  Wow the car sits at Nelson's shop for two years and they don't fix the problems it has??..... IMO that says a lot about Nelson...........

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                    Wow the car sits at Nelson's shop for two years and they don't fix the problems it has??..... IMO that says a lot about Nelson...........
                    I dont know that for sure, but the car came back without him driving it anymore than before he took it there. David did get two free years of storage for it. When cjtv folded up he had 42 cars and 8 ran. He was scrambling to unload two dozen non-running cars in a bad economy. I guess he jumped at them keeping it indoors for him for free.
                    Last edited by Scott Liggett; November 15, 2012, 06:53 PM.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                      I dont know that for sure, but the car came back without him driving it anymore than before he took it there. David did get two free years of storage for it. When cjtv folded up he had 42 cars and 8 ran. He was scrambling to unload two dozen non-running cars in a bad economy. I guess he jumped at them keeping it indoors for him for free.
                      It was advertising for them, they did him no favor.......
                      Last edited by TC; November 15, 2012, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                        It was advertising for them, they did him no favor.......
                        As advertising for Nelson, it didn't do much. It would've done WAY more for him from an advertising perspective if it was driveable, vs. sitting around.

All needed was a fuel pickup or something right?
                        Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

I think the point was that his life may have been pretty dang hectic at the time, and 2 years of safe, free storage for "one of" your cars was likely a good thing when that car isn't your top priority.

To many of us, that car would be our most prized possession... It truly is an amazing car. To DF, I'm sure it's special - but maybe it's just another car.
                          Last edited by yellomalibu; November 15, 2012, 07:25 PM.

Comment

It is hard to focus on a car when you so many. I wonder happened what happened to his 73 stepside. He also had the 78 camaro with the erod LS engine., the crusher camaro, super bee, 67 impala convert, jeep scrambler rock crawler, two flat fendered jeeps, a total crapbox 68 charger and a buick skylark convert, and now it looks like he bought a Cuda.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I saw it run at the track, as a bystander of course, what they were calling a fuel pickup problem - seemed more to me like a ignition problem as they turned up the boost. I saw the video and the tach went crazy which is usually a dead giveaway.

I'd love to rewire that car, get it sorted out, and see what it'll do turned up. Maybe some day!

(At the same event CDMBill's car ran like a tenth slower in the other lane on the same pass as the F-bomb's fastest. Naturally aspirated on pump gas ;-) )
                              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                              X