F Bomb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
    I have to agree with the bolded parts ... which sort of negates everything between them.
    So you would be perfectly happy spending $30,000 on an engine that doesn't run properly??..... and you wouldn't hold the people that you bought it from and had install it liable for it not running right??

Comment

You really dont know how this end of the car game works do you?
      Last edited by JeffMcKC; November 16, 2012, 08:32 AM.
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I dont claim to know David but it does not seem to be his kind of build to start with. Its not a Mopar, it has no Freak quality to it and its to much money spent and he had no part in the car to speak of. Just anothe car with no Soul and David seems to be a Soul Surfer to me.
        Last edited by JeffMcKC; November 16, 2012, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post

TC I don't think there was a problem with the engine, but an Electromotive computer is super sensitive to the way it's wired and installed. I just did an Electromotive Tec3R for the David Vizard project a few weeks ago and it was similarlly finicky to get working right.
          In either case good money was spent and after sitting for 2 years in their shop you would think that they would have took the time to figure the problems out...... I just can't understand how you guys are defending a shop that did half ass work........ It doesn't matter what the problem is, they should have figured it out and fixed it...... I guess maybe I'm just more demanding of what I get from the money I spend.......

Comment

You going to pay them 100.00 a hr to figure it out?

Comment

2 years isn't anything....Just look at that pic of your camaro.
              Originally posted by TC
              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
                2 years isn't anything....Just look at that pic of your camaro.
                I don't sell these engines for a living either or have a business that does this stuff day in and day out........ And are you saying you'd be perfectly happy if you took your car in to have a leaking water pump fixed, but when you got it back the water pump still leaked so you take it back to them and they keep your car for 2 years and still not fix the leak??.... I mean 2 years isn't anything right??..... The problems with the F-Bomb are no different.....

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                  You going to pay them 100.00 a hr to figure it out?
                  It's THEIR ENGINE!!!!, You can buy that exact engine off their website, it ran on the dyno, so what happened??......

It's like taking your car to the dealer for a blown motor and them giving you back the car with the new engine, but it is only running on 7 cylinders and them telling you if you want it to run on 8 it'll be more money........

IMO any reputable shop would have jump right at fixing the problems that come up with that car and not give the car back after 2 years of having it and not fix the problems....... IMO that is a shady business.........

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                    I don't sell these engines for a living either or have a business that does this stuff day in and day out........ And are you saying you'd be perfectly happy if you took your car in to have a leaking water pump fixed, but when you got it back the water pump still leaked so you take it back to them and they keep your car for 2 years and still not fix the leak??.... I mean 2 years isn't anything right??..... The problems with the F-Bomb are no different.....
                    I wouldn't take my car in for a leaking water pump, but if you think the f-bombs problems are that easy go fix it for him.
                    Originally posted by TC
                    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

They did not take it to be fixed most likely it was a agreement up front for the press they would get. They supplied a engine check they hooked it up with supplied parts check It does not run right with the parts you supplied, wellllll,,,, it will cost a 100.0 a hr to track it down, then whatever it costs to fix it. UUUMMM I am on a Photo dead line, its ok for now we will fix it later.
                      Last edited by JeffMcKC; November 16, 2012, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                        It's THEIR ENGINE!!!!, You can buy that exact engine off their website, it ran on the dyno, so what happened??......

It's like taking your car to the dealer for a blown motor and them giving you back the car with the new engine, but it is only running on 7 cylinders and them telling you if you want it to run on 8 it'll be more money........

IMO any reputable shop would have jump right at fixing the problems that come up with that car and not give the car back after 2 years of having it and not fix the problems....... IMO that is a shady business.........

Youre such a sheep playing with wolves. You have no Clue how the Racing world works, they are not a Car Dealership, if it threw a rod on the dyno you would be lucky if they helped you fix it.
                        Don’t tell me you think it has a Warranty on it too. LMAO
                        Last edited by JeffMcKC; November 16, 2012, 09:07 AM.

Comment

They did not take it to be fixed most likely it was a agreement up front for the press they would get. They supplied a engine check they hooked it up with supplied parts check It does not run right well, it will cost a 100.0 a hr to track it down then what ever it cost to fix it. UUUMMM I am on a Photo dead line, its ok for now we will fix it later.
                          DF didn't give them the parts to get the motor running, Nelson installed that motor at their shop using their supplies and parts... And at that Nelson had already ran the engine on the dyno with no problems.... And if it has to do with stuff DG was talking about, that is solely on them as the EFI system is sold with the engine....... And you can spin it all you want, but IMO Nelson doesn't stand behind what he sells.........
                          Last edited by TC; November 16, 2012, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Youre such a sheep playing with wolves. You have no Clue how the Racing world works, they are not a Car Dealership, if it threw a rod on the dyno you would be lucky if they helped you fix it.
                            Don’t tell me you think it has a Warranty on it too. LMAO
                            Oh I know how the racing world works, that is for sure, no one wants to stand behind anything and they all use the "it's for racing" way out...... Bunch of spineless bastards IMO..... One of my Machinist friends that builds Trophy Truck motors, will warranty his motors if they blow up at no cost to the customer, though he does charge $40,000 a pop for one.... He is who I would call a reputable shop, as he's one that stands behind his work and doesn't look at the first cop out to get out of fixing things........

Comment

I guess this is for guys other than DF........

Last edited by TC; November 16, 2012, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Who the hell cares. It's their business.

I get pretty annoyed with people hitting me up for answers to their "whys" about my cars and projects. If they were busy enough with their own stuff they wouldn't be worried about mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X