No announcement yet.

F Bomb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is finished.. you know... finished. I think we've seen this thread before and I think the answer was the same -

F* the F* bomb, where's the Bee?!

As a reader, I'm much more interested in the Bee. We know any of these are way major $$$ to operate. Scott, it'd be a full time job to not be competitive in Unlimited. Expensive, and unproductive. Hell, that thing is already configured to accommodate... errr... set up for... errrrrrrr... nevermind.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

It seemed pretty damned "finished" when I drove it like four years ago. It would smoke the tires at highway speed and make you scream for your mother if you had the balls to stand in it long enough.

Drag strip issues aside, it racked up a few hundred miles on a long cruise with a bunch of different drivers all hammering the daylights out of it. Cruised like a Caddy until you wanted to bend time and space and then things got busy in a DAMNED hurry.

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
        It seemed pretty damned "finished" when I drove it like four years ago. It would smoke the tires at highway speed and make you scream for your mother if you had the balls to stand in it long enough.

Drag strip issues aside, it racked up a few hundred miles on a long cruise with a bunch of different drivers all hammering the daylights out of it. Cruised like a Caddy until you wanted to bend time and space and then things got busy in a DAMNED hurry.

Brian
        I am hoping my turbo install looks 1/4 as good as the F Bombs.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
          F* the F* bomb, where's the Bee?!
          x2!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post

Brian

Yeah but that was in 12-second trim which to you and me might feel "OMG WICKED FAST" but it's about 4-5 seconds off from what it was stated as the goal. Even on a turbo car, one does not simply turn the screws up without doing some hardcore debugging. Single digit ETs are no joke.

And Beagle, 10K to tune? what are you smoking? the tuning and debugging is the lowest budget thing to do on the car. I'd be surprised if it takes more than $500 of work to get any electrical issues sorted out on the F-bomb. He could get it done for pizza if he timed it right. I love my SoCal trips, CDMBill and his wife always make my visits memorable. Even the parts I can't remember.
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I read this thread, when really shoulda been sleeping. Still something in here caught my attention. DF has a bunch of cars, and I have a bunch of cars. I think I actually own more cylinders than he does counting all my engines, according to the thread on that subject. We both have built some cool stuff, and have a mess of projects laying around that we havent gotten back to in some time.

He does it to inspire readers like me, and like all of you, hence the Buick convertible. I play around with whatever I happen to be into that day, and I dont have to worry about writing stuff, checking others work, deciding what is coming up in the next month, doing business stuff, and all the other crap DF has to do. I dont envy him and his job at all, the man works far harder and longer than I have outside the wars.

Why do I have a single digit street car doing nothing but making really expensive yard art? Other stuff is more important right now, and I will get back to it sooner or later. Some of us need the variety of multiple projects, and the funds available only allow us to do certain things at certain times to some of them. While we are waiting for parts or whatever on one car, we put emphasis on another. DF seems to be doing the same thing, but also working around his job. Hell I have loaned out vehicles to people to use while I was overseas, no payment, just let them drive it because I couldnt pay the storage on it. You dont always have to profit or make people pay if they are helping you while you are helping them.

The crap about Nelson and saying they do shoddy work, if it had blown up on the strip I might be inclined to say that. I dipped my toes in that world back in 2004, and I learned way more than I ever realized I had no clue about. If it breaks while they have it its one thing, if it breaks while you have it, well its your problem. They have a business to run and the same thing happens there, priorities happen. The F Bomb is not a priority, it has served its purpose, it has done its thing, and now something else is up to bat, but eventually the batting order will come around again and DF will get the itch to drive it, or change it and do something with it. Why the hell should they spend time working on it when it is just going to sit in a showroom because DF is too damn busy and has other projects more pressing?

Give the man a break. I dont see anyone hassling me or the rest of us who have 40+ cars to get them all drivable. The guy is only human, he isnt superman and he doesnt have Jay Leno's bank account.

Comment

Scott, I'm just tossing a number out for a huge $$$ car - a way off the charts number that should get it tuned where it doesn't do goofy stuff at the strip and can make a full pass. You mentioned the aged electronics / firmware, and I'm thinking if you had to go through everything you might wind up with some time in it. It'd be cool if you get some time and DF is interested and the pizza guys still deliver to see it make a full pass.

I'm not bitching about the car, I think it's cool as hell but so far away from what I think Freiburger would build I'm a little confused by it... I mean, I'd want to get it straightened out if for no other reason than to separate it from the MMFF guys who have a 10.225 at 133 mph truck!

Oh - and Todd - I only have a dozen and I get cranked on quite a bit here to get them running. lmao.
                Last edited by Beagle; November 17, 2012, 06:05 AM.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                  I read this thread, when really shoulda been sleeping. Still something in here caught my attention. DF has a bunch of cars, and I have a bunch of cars. I think I actually own more cylinders than he does counting all my engines, according to the thread on that subject. We both have built some cool stuff, and have a mess of projects laying around that we havent gotten back to in some time.

He does it to inspire readers like me, and like all of you, hence the Buick convertible. I play around with whatever I happen to be into that day, and I dont have to worry about writing stuff, checking others work, deciding what is coming up in the next month, doing business stuff, and all the other crap DF has to do. I dont envy him and his job at all, the man works far harder and longer than I have outside the wars.

Why do I have a single digit street car doing nothing but making really expensive yard art? Other stuff is more important right now, and I will get back to it sooner or later. Some of us need the variety of multiple projects, and the funds available only allow us to do certain things at certain times to some of them. While we are waiting for parts or whatever on one car, we put emphasis on another. DF seems to be doing the same thing, but also working around his job. Hell I have loaned out vehicles to people to use while I was overseas, no payment, just let them drive it because I couldnt pay the storage on it. You dont always have to profit or make people pay if they are helping you while you are helping them.

The crap about Nelson and saying they do shoddy work, if it had blown up on the strip I might be inclined to say that. I dipped my toes in that world back in 2004, and I learned way more than I ever realized I had no clue about. If it breaks while they have it its one thing, if it breaks while you have it, well its your problem. They have a business to run and the same thing happens there, priorities happen. The F Bomb is not a priority, it has served its purpose, it has done its thing, and now something else is up to bat, but eventually the batting order will come around again and DF will get the itch to drive it, or change it and do something with it. Why the hell should they spend time working on it when it is just going to sit in a showroom because DF is too damn busy and has other projects more pressing?

Give the man a break. I dont see anyone hassling me or the rest of us who have 40+ cars to get them all drivable. The guy is only human, he isnt superman and he doesnt have Jay Leno's bank account.
                  I have the greatest respect for him. I get mad when readers think they have the right to tell him what to do with his own cars. F Bomb is his car, not the magazine's like the Project X. If he doesn't do another thing to it that is his choice. Not anybody else's.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                    I have the greatest respect for him. I get mad when readers think they have the right to tell him what to do with his own cars. F Bomb is his car, not the magazine's like the Project X. If he doesn't do another thing to it that is his choice. Not anybody else's.
                    Exactly what I been trying to say..
                    With Pdub's adventure on the road course... Makes me wanna finish the 57 .. Get the painless kit in it.. Hate being stranded!
                    Front disc conversion.. Ball bearings going bad again (wrong offset up front rims) front seat was chucked cuz I thought I'd find another...pffft! People are always telling me what an ass I am to not finish it.. It runs drives and is used.. Just not safe right now
                    Funny how people think they have the "right" to tell me what to do... They forget it's MY CAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                      Exactly what I been trying to say..
                      With Pdub's adventure on the road course... Makes me wanna finish the 57 .. Get the painless kit in it.. Hate being stranded!
                      Front disc conversion.. Ball bearings going bad again (wrong offset up front rims) front seat was chucked cuz I thought I'd find another...pffft! People are always telling me what an ass I am to not finish it.. It runs drives and is used.. Just not safe right now
                      Funny how people think they have the "right" to tell me what to do... They forget it's MY CAR!
                      My standard response to those people is to go buy their own car and build the way they want. I'll build mine the way I want.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                        My standard response to those people is to go buy their own car and build the way they want. I'll build mine the way I want.
                        Couldn't have said it better myself Scott!!!......

Comment

I'm glad people are so passionate about cars. Gives me hope that the world isn't going totally insane. I don't want to put words in David's mouth but after 7 pages of speculation I figure it's worth it to jump in here with a small dose of reality. Forget what you think you know. The fact is that Nelson has worked on the car a ton since that first trip to Famoso so please don't start throwing him or the guys at the shop under the bus. The car is not being ignored, in fact we tested it in '12 and it will be tested again soon when time permits. When everything works to David's satisfaction, it will be unleashed and the world can see how it runs. Until then please be patient. The guy is literally putting out four different magazines this month and filming another episode of Roadkill. And for the record, the Bee is fixed and ready to go.

I'm glad no one gives a crap about anything I own. Kinda hard to live up to the expectations.

-Finnegan

Comment

Originally posted by FINNEGAN View Post

I'm glad no one gives a crap about anything I own. Kinda hard to live up to the expectations.

-Finnegan
                            Did you pick the name I recommended for your Hemi Gasser?

Because for reference Finnegan's Folly is an awesome name egg on the Haters.

Comment

I'm glad people are so passionate about cars. Gives me hope that the world isn't going totally insane. I don't want to put words in David's mouth but after 7 pages of speculation I figure it's worth it to jump in here with a small dose of reality. Forget what you think you know. The fact is that Nelson has worked on the car a ton since that first trip to Famoso so please don't start throwing him or the guys at the shop under the bus. The car is not being ignored, in fact we tested it in '12 and it will be tested again soon when time permits. When everything works to David's satisfaction, it will be unleashed and the world can see how it runs. Until then please be patient. The guy is literally putting out four different magazines this month and filming another episode of Roadkill. And for the record, the Bee is fixed and ready to go.

-Finnegan
                              That's not what I hear about your little Chevy. One little mopar engine in a chevy and all hell breaks loose.

Thanks for the updates.

One other little thing. I'd love to see the F Bomb in action as I missed it's adventures at Famoso the first time.
                              Last edited by Scott Liggett; November 17, 2012, 10:43 PM.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

-Finnegan
                                good to hear from somebody that knows! Cant wait to see it

And now for something completely different- you sir, have a sweet goatee.
                                Local person
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X