2012 mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 mileage

There is frost on my windows in the mornings and that means one thing. Winter will be here quick. So how many miles did you put on your toys this year?
    The mustang has 0 miles on it. Hopefully by the end of the weekend it has 1. That's right I am bowing out of am-jackstand and putting it on the ground.
    Jeff
    Follow My Build

3k miles on my winter buggy..a whole year.
    still barely going to drive around.

found a gmc little jimmy v8, and s10 also v8..
    I may give the ten geared ricer up in coming weeks.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

The GTO got about 60 miles on it, all clandestine because I didnt put plates on it. The 98 Formula got quite a few, it went to Nebraska in May, and took me to most of my appointments up here. Usually I drive less than 10k a year, way less. Only go into town once a week to as little as twice a month. Next year more stuff will be running and driving, and there are plans afoot to drive the entire HRPT with my dad and brother.

Comment

Ya talking about towed miles? OK, probably not, it was so blistering hot here in the Midwest I didn't log many miles (yeah I know, I'm a Pansy) but I probably drove around 200 up at the Woodward Cruise and another 150 counting the drive out to the strip at the Somernites cruise in Somerset, KY. That's really a shame when you stop and think about it.
        sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

The 72 Barracuda logged about 2Kmiles (14 of them on the slalom courses) and the Jensen rolled out for 3K until the torque converter went away, then about 120 on the new converter and trans rebuild (so far)...The 65 Barracuda made it about 600 feet this year as did the 67 Cortina and the 70 Jensen, mainly moving out of the way for other projects. The 68 Cougar racked up about 6 on and off trailer sessions (100 feet?). The 77 Dodge lazy daze logged 2 miles of around the block driving. But, Since Im in SoCal, its all good re: the weather!
          You asked...
          BKB
          www.FBthrottlebodies.com
          Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Well I went around the block 10 times and looked and still at zero. Speedo cable isn't hooked up. But I drove it so that's a plus.
            Jeff
            Follow My Build

Comment

2000 on the Caprice and about 3,000 on the Impala.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

toys? The DD went 18, the other DD went 15, the Lightning went about 4k, Bart (diesel 250) went about 4k ... Monica's GT went about .47 miles, my LX went 0. The kitty killer LSC went about .5 on it's exhaust system (dragging booo)
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I don't know...not nearly enough. Ok, I'll go look.

Since we don't have "winter" here, I counted since the middle of last November. About 6500 each on the 55 belair and 57 one ton, and 750 on the 59 pickup.

Plus some miles on my wife's Dart. And I even drove her Prowler a few times.
                  Last edited by squirrel; November 16, 2012, 07:09 PM.
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Mileage was seriously reduced this past year for my hotrod. Not sure if anybody here will remember, but I had it on jackstands doing rust repair ( quarters, rockers, doorbottoms, fender repair, a-pillar rebuild, minitubbing, new windshield channel etc.etc.) from early sept. till first week of march when it was done.... but i've still managed to put 8500 miles on it since March..... Daily driver.....
                    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

If I put 2000 on both combined its a lot. One was laid up with a blown rear for 2 months. I just didnt seem to have time to do much and just lazy after work too.

Comment

'73 Grand Am driven about 7500 miles, '92 Grand Prix about 3600 miles. I really enjoy driving the '73, it's just a fun car!!
                        200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                        Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

I probably put 2000 on the GTA after getting it back on the road after about 9 months off. Been daily driving it since the bearers died. Lost a freeze plug tuesday. Really hope to get it back on the road today. Working outside, hope its not too cold today!
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                          X