A/G body straight 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/G body straight 6?

I didn't know this was an option though I guess if its classified as a truck and could get the 350 I guess you could get a 292???

Thinking outloud.... I wonder how hard it would be to put a 4.2L DOHC in there....
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Re: A/G body straight 6?

Woah...ain't never seen one of those in there before.

The 4.2 would be neato in there.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Looks like an engine swap to me....but it's not surprising that it fits.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I'm 99% sure they never put an inline in a G-body, and I'm a little surprised it fits. They made a ton of them with 200's,229's,and 3.8's, and a handful of them with 4.3's.

+1 on the 4.2.

Comment

Is that a 292 or a 250? GM put 250's in everything at one time or the other, but 292's were truck only. If the side covers are about 3", it's a 250 (or 230 or 194, but not likely), if the side covers are about 5", it's a 292. A 250 is likely stock, a 292 is definitely a swap.

Later
          Dan

Comment

I know 292's are longer stroke, and IIRC they have bigger main bearings too. Are they also a taller deck than 250's?

Comment

Well the fiance just vetoed that car because she hates the blue colour and didn't like the amount of work it would take. However she doesn't totally hate Elkys though it looks like Choo Choo SS has her biggest attention.
              Central TEXAS Sleeper
              USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by Mr4Speed
                I know 292's are longer stroke, and IIRC they have bigger main bearings too. Are they also a taller deck than 250's?
                yeah, the deck is 1-3/4" taller. Makes swapping them a bit more work than you'd want in some cars! for example, any car with a relatively low hood line won't have clearance for the stock downdraft carb.

Also the mounts on the 292 are not next to each other, one is moved forward relative to the other one. something about oil pump location or something.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
                  Well the fiance just vetoed that car because she hates the blue colour and didn't like the amount of work it would take. However she doesn't totally hate Elkys though it looks like Choo Choo SS has her biggest attention.
                  My dream is to take an actual monte SS dog house on one. love the lines.

Comment

Flywheel is managed WordPress hosting built for designers and creative agencies. Build, scale, and managed hundreds of WP sites with ease on Flywheel.

Build your own....
                    Actually she's warming up to the idea of a black one with a burgandy interior. Its up to me as to LT1/4 or 4200 DOHC Atlas... the Atlas sounds cooler but far more uncharted territory.
                    Central TEXAS Sleeper
                    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

I've read that the g-bodies all got 250 I-6 standard..........

In Brazil that is. Or maybe it was Mexico? Somewhere south of the border anyways. So it was a factory install for some G's, just not stateside. ;D

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Got to love it. Looks more like it was to much bondo to me.

It was damaged in the recent tornado... some of the bondo on the passenger side has come off.

Comment

Was just reading up on the LL8 4200 Vortec DOHC I6.... are 2002-2005 engines Speed Density?
                          Central TEXAS Sleeper
                          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Working...
                          X