X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oldsman496
    replied
    So WHERE is this in the "Ohio Valley"

I build ALLOT of 1/25 scale cars....... eh?

Leave a comment:

• BOSSMAN
    replied
    I'm actually building 3 cars for myself. Each one is done different, this particular one will be my Outlaw Car with a bigger motor (don't remember the size). I have another chassis to do that has a sealed spec motor with plastic gears. I also bought a jig to solder all of this stuff together. I plan to build a track in my shop once it gets closer to being finished and hopefully I can get Geek to come over and build a timing system for it. I think it will be alot of fun to get a big group of people over and go some rounds for $10 or $20. My kid is so excited for this, dad, grandpa, and even great grandpa want in on the fun.

Leave a comment:

• BOOOGHAR
    replied
    Originally posted by BOSSMAN View Post
    I finally got around to making some progress on one of mine. My first time building one so it has been a big learning curve. 63 Impala

what size motor you using and i see you're using a metal gear, does anyone still use plastic gears ?

Leave a comment:

• dieselgeek
    replied
    Visiting St Louis this past weekend, I discovered that Papa Jon and his grandson Jon are now hardcore into slot car racing. Hardcore enough that they are building their own loadbearing chassis dynos - for slot cars. They race in some league on Thursdays and by the looks of it, it's not much cheaper than racing real cars, awesome!!

Leave a comment:

• groucho
    replied
    Are these fast enough to be affected by aerodynamics?
    Last edited by groucho; January 25, 2013, 11:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    I have what I think used to be called a "womp womp chassis" with a plastic porche body - it wasn't for drag racing ...
    my new shop is only 40ft long... dang.

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    I have some Old 1/24s from High School and a 1/32 track I used to practice on. My new shop will have one too

Leave a comment:

• BOSSMAN
    replied
    I finally got around to making some progress on one of mine. My first time building one so it has been a big learning curve. 63 Impala

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    A friend has a track in his shop in Bisbee, it's been years since he ran a car on it....

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy
    replied
    Originally posted by mrocketscience View Post
    This past Saturday...
    That's too cool! That's a great way to break the Winter doldrums also. We have a slot car track that just opend here locally several months ago, I'm afraid if I go in there I might get hooked and not have enough money to take care of the Hit List items on the real Hot Rod.

Leave a comment:

• mrocketscience
    replied
    This past Saturday...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• oldsman496
    replied
    Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
    Where in the Ohio Valley?
    Yeah - what he said - Where in the Ohio Valley?

Leave a comment:

• BOSSMAN
    replied
    I have 3 I'm trying to build and also plan to put a track in my new shop along a wall.

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    Where in the Ohio Valley?

Leave a comment:

• gonegonzo
    replied
    For the 1/8th mile you would need about 45 feet including shut down area .

We build our chassis from piano wire and brass . On that chassis you mount your favorite 1/25th scale model car body .

Reliable and affordable motors are the PARMA Super 16 D .

We race everything from street class to Dragsters .

Gonzo

Leave a comment:

Working...
X