No announcement yet.

Well it didn't take long.........Twinkies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rip nothing a Company from Mexico is looking at buying them........
    Just so you know, the largest bread bakeries in the US are owned by a Mexican company - BIMBO.

You eat it all the time, and never knew. So shut up already.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Similar logo and color scheme to WonderBread too, won't even have to repaint the trucks. That 8% give back is going to look real good in few months.
      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Hell........I'm thinkin if the Twinkies come from Mexico
        We'll be able to smoke 'em
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Blahahahahha!!!...... I can only image the stupid people that went out and bought $1000's of dollars of this crap thinking they were going to cash in big time....... And what a ploy by Hostess to get the Unions to negotiate...... Suckers all the way around.....

TWINKIES ARE SAVED! Hostess And Bakers Union Agree To Mediation

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/twink...#ixzz2CiR07u6X
          Last edited by TC; November 19, 2012, 04:51 PM.

Comment

They have been "mediating" for the better part of 10 years or more.

My buddy who set me up with the 4BT Grumman Bread truck (which was a clownish-looking WonderBread truck) had nearly 20 years in with them.

I can't say their name, as it changed about every 16 months. WonderBread, Hostess, Interstate Brands, this investment group and that investment group. The money keeps flowing in and the bucket ends up empty again.

I'll take odds on it getting broken up. Mediation has no chance of success here.
            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

never say never, there are always tax-payer funded bail out monies when campaign contributions are at stake.
              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Effective Nationalizing Twinkies? EeGads......is there no end to the evil?
                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                  Effective Nationalizing Twinkies? EeGads......is there no end to the evil?

ok....then how about we just bailout the fruit pie division?

would that be just ...."semi" evil?

c'mon...what's a few million for fruit pies when we are already many trillions in debt.... BREAK OUT THAT BANK OF CHINA CREDIT CARD!!!

Bailout the Fruit Pies!!!!!

i just this afternoon bought a big bag of Hostess Donettes....chocolate frosted.....mmmmmmmmm........
                  Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Really? All the Hostess stands in my stores are EMPTY...2 days ago there was 2 packs of Zingers... Now Zilch...
                    Lotsa Lil Debbie tho...

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                      They have been "mediating" for the better part of 10 years or more.

My buddy who set me up with the 4BT Grumman Bread truck (which was a clownish-looking WonderBread truck) had nearly 20 years in with them.

I can't say their name, as it changed about every 16 months. WonderBread, Hostess, Interstate Brands, this investment group and that investment group. The money keeps flowing in and the bucket ends up empty again.

I'll take odds on it getting broken up. Mediation has no chance of success here.
                      I knew this all seemed deja vu.
                      I was akid in southern new england, my mother wanting part time avoided the hostess job because of the retarded union games. threaten this, threaten that..

of course, I was a kid when u.s. steel packed up so asia could conquer us with the plastic, bacause steel is dangerous, rare and exotic.

like an ebay twinkie today.

hahaha.
                      steel = ebay twinkie.
                      Last edited by Barry Donovan; November 20, 2012, 04:24 PM.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

The shelves at the local UDF are full...... Here in Ohio - about 40 miles from the bakery.....
                        Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                          Yeah, they ain't THAT good. Plenty of other snacks out there
                          STUGOTS

Comment

All cheap (top 2 from 99 cent store). All very good
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by groucho; November 20, 2012, 05:49 PM.
                            STUGOTS

Comment

Little Debbie Danish for $0.99! Yummy with cream cheese!

Comment

That didn't last long

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Working...
                                X