X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it didn't take long.........Twinkies

$500 Twinkies on Ebay

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

No wonder Woody cant find any Twinkies.

Comment

Don't make em anymore.. Might be on strike or something....

Comment

I havent eaten something like that in well over 25 years.

Comment

I guess little debbie is going to move into bigger buildings?

synonymous with ramen noodles..little debbie snacks.

I was eye opened to the number "18000 will lose jobs".
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

The union folks think a new buyer will pay them the same wages.... not gonna happen, especially here in Kansas - a right to work state. The plant in Emporia serviced most of the Great Plains. Don't know what will happen to the WonderBread plant here in Wichita.
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

We have a BIG bakery in Cincinnati.... its gonna go away.... over 500 jobs lost. Shame the Union couldn't accept reality and just killed the company instead. I liked the fruit pies......... bunch'o crap. Greed on both sides and Now...NO MORE PIES..... bs.
              Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
                We have a BIG bakery in Cincinnati.... its gonna go away.... over 500 jobs lost. Shame the Union couldn't accept reality and just killed the company instead. I liked the fruit pies......... bunch'o crap. Greed on both sides and Now...NO MORE PIES..... bs.
                Plant here in St. Louis is closing.....from what I've seen on the news it's about
                an 8% pay cut.
                I'm thinking I'd rather have 92% of something rather than 100% of nothing.

We're not getting the raises we used to and paying for benefits we never
                had to before.
                Just the way it is.
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

The irony of the 8% is that if you figure what 8% is against an arbitrary $20 per hour figure comes out to about the cost of a package of Twinkies at the convenience store. So for the cost of a Twinkie the union leaders said shut it down rather than accept the bankruptcy court ordered 8% pay cut. How that work out for your members mr union leader? And let's not forget the rest of the 18,000 employees who are now unemployed just before the Holiday season.

Comment

Originally posted by stk1697 View Post
                    The irony of the 8% is that if you figure what 8% is against an arbitrary $20 per hour figure comes out to about the cost of a package of Twinkies at the convenience store. So for the cost of a Twinkie the union leaders said shut it down rather than accept the bankruptcy court ordered 8% pay cut. How that work out for your members mr union leader? And let's not forget the rest of the 18,000 employees who are now unemployed just before the Holiday season.
                    If someone buys the name and product lines (They were still selling quite well) they would be smart and not reopen for two years. That way, the union is.legally busted and you can hire non-union employees. I am sitting at a high end hotel in LA that did just that. They were going to do a major remodel anyways, so they just closed up for two years and broke the unions. Of the 350 employees only 25 were rehired.

After two years without work, or very little, I bet those employees would have a different view.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I think the whole thing stinks, I mean, did the union really think they were kidding about liquidating the company? They told us two weeks ago that we won't be getting raises in 2013. Nobody really complained since it's very unlikely our jobs will ever go away, were just happy to have a decent paying job in the first place. Never really liked Twinkies all that much but I did like the fruit pies.
                      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Especially when there isn't other work that pays half of their wages with the -8% ....

Comment

Inefficiencies at it's best.........
                          Ridiculous union work rules that are consciously engineered to increase inefficiency and create superfluous jobs are making Hostess uncompetitive with other industry players. If cakes and bread arrive together and are headed to the same place, they must nevertheless be split onto separate trucks; drivers are forbidden to load products onto their trucks.

Plus the company had 372 collective bargaining agreements, 80 different health and pension benefit plans and workers’ compensation costs that last year hit $52 million–that's $2700 for each of its 19,000 employee........and they didn't want to give up their
                          birthday for a holiday.
                          Thom

Comment

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

there were a line of cars down the street, double parked, 15 minutes before the hostess outlet by me was opened. Having a bogo free sale. Its gonna get ugly. I bet they are closed by noon. I know the bakers have been on strike for a while, dont know how they have continued making them, but definitely seeing the demand should change someones mind. I figure it will be no more than 6 months til some relative buys the machinery, puts it in a new building somewhere and starts kicking them out.

Well Played Mayans.

Comment

Working...
                              X