Well it didn't take long.........Twinkies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary 351C View Post
    I think the whole thing stinks, I mean, did the union really think they were kidding about liquidating the company? They told us two weeks ago that we won't be getting raises in 2013. Nobody really complained since it's very unlikely our jobs will ever go away, were just happy to have a decent paying job in the first place. Never really liked Twinkies all that much but I did like the fruit pies.
    If they dont keep the bush tax cuts, EVERYONE is gonna get a cut in pay after the first of the year. This average of 3500 more of taxes are coming from payroll taxes, which could lose anywhere from $20-50 per week. Some companies might compensate you more to make up the difference, but the majority wont and all those companies are not run by republicans, there are rich democrats that have businesses too. All these strikes make you wonder how much people appreciate what they have.

Comment

Quote from a striking worker from the Columbus, Indiana plant, "I have a wife and three babies at home, I'm not going to work in there for what they are offering to pay me."

Seems to me that'd be all the more reason to keep the job. The consensus among thoses striking workers was that a new owner would take over and pay the striking workers that same or more money per hour. New owner, new worker rules, no union, no former striking workers.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

No more cupstess ho-cakes? WTF!? Where's gubment intervention when I need it! Save the Ho-cakes! What will we eat post apocolypse?
        Last edited by Beagle; November 18, 2012, 06:53 AM.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I love the people waddling out of stores with armloads of this stuff. Half of them look as though they'll need to take an insulin shot on the way back to the car.

If people truly believe that Twinkies won't go back into production by Hostess or someone else, they really have no idea how capitalism works. In the meantime I'll continue my like 15 year hot streak of not eating one and not feeding my kids that crap.

I do agree that the fruit pies were bitchin' though. Lemon all the way.
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

No more fried pies?! Daaahhhmmmmmeetttttt

As some of you might have noticed, I'm a little bit A.D.D. which means amphetimines don't do anything for me but turn me into a zombie... but Sugar? Oh my. The fried pies light up my brain like a pinball machine.
            Last edited by Beagle; November 18, 2012, 07:14 AM.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
              I love the people waddling out of stores with armloads of this stuff. Half of them look as though they'll need to take an insulin shot on the way back to the car.

If people truly believe that Twinkies won't go back into production by Hostess or someone else, they really have no idea how capitalism works. In the meantime I'll continue my like 15 year hot streak of not eating one and not feeding my kids that crap.

I do agree that the fruit pies were bitchin' though. Lemon all the way.
              You gotta master the art of eating a Twinkie.
              Take a straw, insert into Twinkie, suck the guts out........throw carcass away.
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Twinkies! Everyone keeps talking about them! What about HoHo's and Funny Bones and Snowballs and Donettes. The horror !

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte View Post
                  Twinkies! Everyone keeps talking about them! What about HoHo's and Funny Bones and Snowballs and Donettes. The horror !
                  Moon Pies
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

SUSY Q's!!

Haven't had one in years... Now I CRAVE one.....NOT!

Was watching the $$$ on e shaft.. One was $10,000 a box then it dissapeared
                    Prices anywhere from $20 all way up to hundreds for a freaking box of sugar!
                    Last edited by Deaf Bob; November 18, 2012, 09:49 AM.

Comment

RIP mini choclate donuts or MCD's, our personnal bad road food guilty pleasure. I know other compsnies make them but they suck. Picked up one of last two pacakges at local grocery store for old times sake. Stocker at the store said the Hostess driver was goingg to keep all the Twinkies and put them on Ebay.

Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Might as well put them on e bay.. What are they gonna do? Fire him?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                          RIP mini choclate donuts or MCD's, our personnal bad road food guilty pleasure. I know other compsnies make them but they suck. Picked up one of last two pacakges at local grocery store for old times sake. Stocker at the store said the Hostess driver was goingg to keep all the Twinkies and put them on Ebay.

These are what I'd miss most. As well as their crummy and powdery cousins. Other companies make them, but they just don't seem to taste the same.
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Rip nothing a Company from Mexico is looking at buying them........

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                              Rip nothing a Company from Mexico is looking at buying them........
                              Didnt they make a Chocolate taco or something too? Mexicans will just expand that line. Twinkie the kid will wear a sombrero too!

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte View Post
                                Didnt they make a Chocolate taco or something too? Mexicans will just expand that line. Twinkie the kid will wear a sombrero too!
                                The kids must be in the union.
                                Last edited by TheSilverBuick; November 18, 2012, 01:14 PM.
                                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                                X