No announcement yet.

i guess the parties over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 74" sporty would get 45+ mpg but I'd stop every 100 miles to do a kidney check. Solid mount engines on a bike are stupid. lol. A buddy at work has a 124" S&S on his Bourgett (sp) that's something like 45* rake 15" over, a long bike, it gets about 30mpg. He bitches about his old 80" EFI fatboy not having any power. lol.

I liked it when they built things, I guess that was about 8 years ago or more. Biker Buildoff was sort of interesting. The only thing I see getting built much anymore is Rocket City Rednecks... and they drama it up too.
    Last edited by Beagle; November 18, 2012, 05:33 PM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Anyone remember the show where they would bring a "contestant" in and that person would have X ammount of time to build a bike from scratch...if the bike could be rode by the deadline they could keep it? THAT was a cool show...

I used to watch the OCC the first season along with Monster Garage and Monster House but after a season or two the fake deadlines and scripted drama, it proved to be more than I could tolerate. The first season of West Coast Choppers was cool because it focused on Jessy James mad fabrication skills...then...the producers got hold and it too went to hell.

Hopefully this genra goes the way of the game show and family sitcom..
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

But, it was a show that had metal and paint and bikes and the odd car...
        Now we can watch Dancing with the Stars... Maybe not.
        1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
        1997 Mustang GT
        sigpic

Comment

Not.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
          X