Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Deere Blitz Black paint....anyone use it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Deere Blitz Black paint....anyone use it?

I'm wanting to paint my dually with a matte black and gray. I'm wondering A. Does this stuff cover nice? B. Can I ship it to someone not in Calif so they can ship it to me. Apparently it's non-voc. Calif won't let it in.....
    The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

I previously worked at John Deere as a Journeyman Toolmaker here in Horicon WI. I used Blitz on all of the suspension pieces and rearend on my Duster.

It was just single stage stuff that I found in the maintenance dept. It turned out great and has held up very good. Kinda looks not completely flat and never got chalky after I neglected it for the last 4 years. I'd give it a try.

As for shipping, if ya got a buddy out of state I dont see how you couldn't get some.

Cheers and good luck, Steve.
    The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Comment

I know my 63 Impala is gonna get a coat of it......
      Nick Smithberg
      www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

Everyone i've seen looks good. I'd like for them to make a white.
        Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

I used it on 72 Monte. Am using it for firewall on engine compartment on 66 Impala now.
          Attached Files
          Why dance when you can rock and roll?

Comment

why don't you just wrap it in flatblack ??
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by patrickth View Post
              I used it on 72 Monte. Am using it for firewall on engine compartment on 66 Impala now.
              The Monte is a good looking car.

Chassis, if you need a second choice, I'd recommend Eastwood's Rat Rod Black single stage, or one of the other colors. It was $200 for 3/4 gal of paint, 1 qt of activator and 1 gal of black primer. I'm shocked how well my car looked with less than an hour prep. We didn't prime the car, the paint was really old and goopy when we found it on the shelf, and McGann managed to do a great job. The lack of prep is now showing in areas four years later.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Scott Liggett;700631]The Monte is a good looking car.

Thanks, bought a quart can $18 (single stage) and I think 5 cans of pre mixed spray for $8 each. What I especially liked about it was you could blend it over bondo and the car always looked the same. Never had a car hit so often for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad View Post
                  why don't you just wrap it in flatblack ??
                  Wrap material is super pricey for flat black.....besides...I hate wrapping my own stuff....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                    The Monte is a good looking car.

Chassis, if you need a second choice, I'd recommend Eastwood's Rat Rod Black single stage, or one of the other colors. It was $200 for 3/4 gal of paint, 1 qt of activator and 1 gal of black primer. I'm shocked how well my car looked with less than an hour prep. We didn't prime the car, the paint was really old and goopy when we found it on the shelf, and McGann managed to do a great job. The lack of prep is now showing in areas four years later.
                    ya....the Eastwood stuff is more expensive than JD.....JD is 27.00 a gallon.

Comment

Originally posted by Chassisman View Post
                      I just checked locally and its $35/gallon. I have a good friend going home to Fresno for Christmas. If you are interested, could ask him if he will take a gallon down. Probably should get some reducer too.

Comment

Wrap material is super pricey for flat black.....besides...I hate wrapping my own stuff....lol

Like .. How expensive ??
                        sigpic

Comment

Eastwood's stuff is cheaper than you driving to another state to get it.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by patrickth View Post
                            I just checked locally and its $35/gallon. I have a good friend going home to Fresno for Christmas. If you are interested, could ask him if he will take a gallon down. Probably should get some reducer too.
                            you have a PM ....I need 4 gallons for the dually and Bronco....

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad View Post
                              Like .. How expensive ??
                              About 825.00 to do the dually.....and wrap only lasts 6 months on the hood and roof.

Comment

Working...
                              X