No announcement yet.

T-bucket - love it or hate it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to find a 32-34 chevy truck body to pull off a t-bucket look, hood/fenderless etc for my dad.

why are all death traps, steering?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Beagle has the right idea do something different maybe wide front and back tires and a v6 small v8 with a turbo make a fun corner carving machine!
      GF:Did you motor blow up?
      Me:No i took the rod and shoved it through my block on purpose...

Comment

I have another vote for "Take 'Em or Leave 'Em". No hate, no love.

Dan

Comment

Some I like, some I really don't like. I've driven one that looked really bitchin but was put together by a hack and down right scary about 40 mph. I've driven a former show version with a high top roof and a little 302 sbf 3x2 setup. It was fun.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I like them, but would want a cage done more fuel altered style
            COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

you know what the T stands for, TERROR!

Comment

I don't love 'em or hate 'em. I've seen some that are cool and some that look like a carnival ride. I'd probably build a crazy Meyers Manx before I'd build a T-bucket, but that's just me.
                Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by kyhunter89 View Post
                  I want to find a 32-34 chevy truck body to pull off a t-bucket look, hood/fenderless etc for my dad.

why are all death traps, steering?
                  no side impact protection, the ones with motorcycle front tires don't like to stop or turn all that much, gas tank in back saying "HIT ME"... great big rear meats will float on a puddle of dog pee, original geometry and whole car was designed to run about 40 mph max because there weren't any roads at the time. Keep in mind it was designed around a 20 hp four cylinder.
                  Last edited by Beagle; November 18, 2012, 05:30 AM.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Are most not made from kits? shouldn't someone in the last 70 years improved upon the brakes and steering design.
                    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Depends on how "traditional" you want to be. Solid axles, hair pins, and drum brakes made out of new parts still suck. The steering - well, have a look.

discs are damn near pointless with those tires and the front end is supposed to do most of the braking.

I want it to be more like this but using a t-bucket's open front end and the truck bed -

Last edited by Beagle; November 18, 2012, 08:32 AM.

Comment

I wonder if an IRS would stay together with it not weighing all that much - and wondering about how jacked up a coilover setup IFS would look

Comment

Working...
                        X