Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostalgia AA/Gassers Presented By Summit Racing Equipment

Hello Everyone,

I would like to share with you our nostalgia gasser club, the Nostalgia AA/Gassers Presented by Summit Racing Equipment.
    We are a true heads up, nostalgia, gasser drag racing club that runs 1/8 mile and is dedicated to bringing back nostalgia gasser drag racing like it was back in the day.
    Feel free to check out our 2013 promotional video and our rules. If you are interested in racing with our club, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you!

2013 Promo Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf5t23D_Tcw&feature=plcp

Rules:
    These rules pertain to the "ALL OUT" no index class of AA/Supercharged Nostalgia Drag Racing.

OUR INTENT IS THAT ALL CARS IN COMPETITION FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES AND RESEMBLE THE OUTWARD APPEARANCE OF THE AA/GAS CARS THAT RAN UP TO LATE 60’S, SIMILAR TO THE NHRA RULES OF THAT ERA.

CARS PRE-ENTERED RECEIVE FREE ENTRY WITH DRIVER AND 2 CREW. PAYOUTS BEGIN FIRST ROUND.

RULES:

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS TRUE HEADS UP RACING, NO INDEX!

BODY: Any full body production car (no street roadsters) that ran under the NHRA AA/GS rules up to and including 1969 OR match race clone cars up to and including 1969. No wings or stretched bodies. ALL CARS MUST LOOK PERIOD CORRECT COMPAIRED TO ACTUAL CARS OF THE DAY. All cars must have period correct paint or primer. No wild graphics allowed.
    CHASSIS: Must have both a working front straight axle and rear suspension. Factory frame rails or 2” x 3” rectangular tubing or the square tube equivalent. Minimum allowable weight to be no less than 2400 lbs (driver included).
    TIRES: No wider than 13” at race pressure.
    WHEELS: Mag wheels such as Halibrand, American Racing, Cragar, Ansen, steel or any other that closely resembles wheels of the 60’s era.
    MOTORS: Cast Iron heads and blocks ONLY.
    BLOWER: Roots style 6-71 with 15" cast rotors only, strips OK. Stock style end plates. NO hi-helix rotors or case. NO retrofit adaptor plates. OVERDRIVE limited to maximum of 20% of engine speed.
    INJECTOR: 1960’s style Hilborn, Enderle Bird and Bug catchers, Enderle Barn Door circa 1957-1964 ONLY. Crower 8-port 1967 vintage and up with 2-7/16" plates ONLY or Ron's reproduction with 2-1/4" plates. Vintage Scott Slot injector. (No Carbon Fibre Injectors allowed). No forward or offset injectors. No port nozzle injectors.
    CARBURETORS: Any 1960's period correct carburetors allowed. Two maximum.
    FUEL PUMP: One Hilborn 150-1 OR Enderle 80-A-1. Camshaft OR Belt driven at cam speed.
    FUEL: Gasoline or Alcohol. NO Nitromethane. NO Oxygenated Alcohol. Must pass NHRA specs with hydrometer.
    IGNITION: Magneto only. One Vertex or Mallory Super Mag II with external coil. (No electronic ignition or timing management systems)
    ELECTRONICS: No electronic devices of any kind other than rpm tachometer, gauges [no digital or led] and high end rpm limiter.
    TRANSMISSION: Automatic transmission with converter. No clutches. Must be manually shifted. No trans devices allowed. If car so equipped- must be DISABLED to technical committees satisfaction.
    SAFETY: All cars must pass NHRA / IHRA / AHRA safety tech.
    QUALIFYING FIELD: 8 Cars - .400 PRO TREE
    DISPUTES: Any variations to any of the above rules must be approved by the technical committee. All decisions made by the technical committee are final.

Entrants must submit a picture (if not already on file) with pre-entry.

These guidelines can be adopted by other tracks for events when interested.

Entries subject to approval by John Rossitter 647-283-6584 or email [email protected].
    Last edited by 1320_racer; November 17, 2012, 10:31 AM. Reason: Missing Info

No clutches. Must be manually shifted
    I assume that means no "clutchless" transmissions, though I hope modified (faceplated, etc) stock type ones would be ok. As for the graphics I kind of like the late 60's stuff like Mike Mitchell's 69 Corvette
    Other than that it sounds interesting, how many members do they already have?
    Last edited by starterguy; November 17, 2012, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by starterguy View Post
      I assume that means no "clutchless" transmissions, though I hope modified (faceplated, etc) stock type ones would be ok. As for the graphics I kind of like the late 60's stuff like Mike Mitchell's 69 Corvette
      Other than that it sounds interesting, how many members do they already have?
      Good point and nice try lol. But, intent of rule is conventional automatics. Refer to "Dusputes" section of rules.

Oh ya, that was sweet. That would be accepted b/c it is era pure and correct, as far as graphics are concerned. Thanks for your kind words! Currently, we have about 11 serious members with 2-3 more coming this year.
      Last edited by 1320_racer; November 19, 2012, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X