No announcement yet.

Road Racing is a Blast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, I've been holding this in for a lot of months. And I'm sure I'm going to piss a lot of folks off, but I've got to say it.

Yes, I am a land speed record holder in class until somebody beats it at the track in Ohio. That was a huge thrill to go that fast, I'm sure I'll never go that fast again in my life.

That was all about mash the gas and hold it down. That was all about the car. What the car could do. In a straight line. It was not about the driver.

That's where I'm sure I'll piss folks off, so I'll quit talking.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Nicely done P-dub, nicely done.
      I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
        Guys, I've been holding this in for a lot of months. And I'm sure I'm going to piss a lot of folks off, but I've got to say it.

Yes, I am a land speed record holder in class until somebody beats it at the track in Ohio. That was a huge thrill to go that fast, I'm sure I'll never go that fast again in my life.

That was all about mash the gas and hold it down. That was all about the car. What the car could do. In a straight line. It was not about the driver.

That's where I'm sure I'll piss folks off, so I'll quit talking.

In a pretty much stock modern performance car, yes, I would agree with that assessment. When you start talking about big power in older horribly un-aerodynamic bodies going crazy speeds, then there is a lot more to it I'm thinking.

cheers
        Ed
        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

I think you and Ed are both right. For me it's about putting a car (or truck) together then seeing what it'll do. But remember that there are reasons for all the safety requirements and there's REAL danger at high speed. Road racing is, of course, way cool too but it's a different game.

Dan

Comment

blower.

maybe not this big.... but stilllllllll.......

Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Working...
            X