Ok , Nascar Changes for 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok , Nascar Changes for 2013

NASCAR unveiled a new look for the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series car, an integral and exciting step in the rollout process of the sixth generation race car. "These changes are an extension of the unprecedented collaboration with the auto manufacturers on the 2013 car, great industry feedback and our focus on increasing fan affinity as part of NASCAR's Industry Action Plan," said Steve O'Donnell, NASCAR senior vice president of racing operations, who introduced the new design at Homestead-Miami Speedway today. The sixth-generation car look will debut with the opening of the 2013 Speedweeks, highlighted by the 55th running of the Daytona 500 on February 24 at Daytona International Speedway. Among the updates:

I am enjoying their "new look tracks" you know, the ones with all those empty seats.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I like the other change. No top 35 in points automatically in the race. They have to qualify into the race. Screw up your lap; and you may be putting it on the truck.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I'll care when the cars look like 63 Impala's or 69 Chargers again.

Comment

I will care when the start with a stock body again, be it converting a front driver or starting with the proper driven wheels.
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

That's one reason why I love Aussie V8 Supercar so much ... they still look a lot like production Holdens and Fords.

Well that, and all of the crazy mad drivers in the series!

cheers
            Ed
            Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
            07 Mustang GT with some stuff
            88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by fast Ed View Post
              That's one reason why I love Aussie V8 Supercar so much ... they still look a lot like production Holdens and Fords.

cheers
              Ed
              I was just thinking that exact thing,

and in life the pwer to weight of those cars is quite fun even wth legal exhaust etc.

more to relate to.. I miss nascar too.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                NASCAR unveiled a new look for the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series car, an integral and exciting step in the rollout process of the sixth generation race car. "These changes are an extension of the unprecedented collaboration with the auto manufacturers on the 2013 car, great industry feedback and our focus on increasing fan affinity as part of NASCAR's Industry Action Plan," said Steve O'Donnell, NASCAR senior vice president of racing operations, who introduced the new design at Homestead-Miami Speedway today. The sixth-generation car look will debut with the opening of the 2013 Speedweeks, highlighted by the 55th running of the Daytona 500 on February 24 at Daytona International Speedway. Among the updates:
                Does this mean I could actually identify what brand of car is being raced?
                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

They should split the car-field. Half of the field drives rightway around the track, the other cars left way around.
                  Then let's see how good these drivers are in dealing with actual modernday traffic situations and hardcore daily commuting...

I'll bet that kinda racing would draw a crowd again!
                  www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar View Post
                    They should split the car-field. Half of the field drives rightway around the track, the other cars left way around.
                    Then let's see how good these drivers are in dealing with actual modernday traffic situations and hardcore daily commuting...

I'll bet that kinda racing would draw a crowd again!
                    Team-chain and / or trailers , figure 8.
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by fast Ed View Post

cheers
                      Ed

the V8 super cars will be racing in austin texas at COTA track in 2013
                      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Which should be amazing ... the track layout and facility looked fantastic for the F1 race today. I'll have to see if I can somehow make my way down for that event.

cheers
                        Ed
                        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

some of us texas peeps are already planning good times for the event
                          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
                          X