Long day today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long day today

Have freeze plugs to replace on the TA today. I took a couple days off, hope this gives me enough time. The way this thing sits down in the car, I may have to pull the motor. If I have to pull it, I may just stick my other 350 in that has about 70 more horses. It would require a flywheel for the older (78) motor. We'll see.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

trust me on this.... simply pull the motor - in the end, it'll save you tons of time.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      trust me on this.... simply pull the motor - in the end, it'll save you tons of time.
      Ditto
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

freeze plugs out...

there is a long physics gain to get over after fixing.

a weak heater hose is a freeze plugs friend.(I have old engine too- chooses little rubber hose on top of block)
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Only way I have successfully replaced freeze plugs with a motor IN the car is with those hokey rubber ones... Even then... Took too much time... I echo.."PULL THE MOTOR". Your sanity will thank you...

Comment

Spend most of the day just moving my daughters stuff we're storing in the garage since she moved back home. Got it jacked up on all fours, topped off the water. Good news It's not a head gasket. Front freeze plug on the driver side. From underneath it looks like if I take out the motor and " frame " mount I should be able to plug this off.
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
            X