Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travco 320 - paging Squirrel

Hello all,

I have the itch for a 32 foot 1977 Travco ... Squirrel, didn't you have one of these? Anything I'm supposed to be looking for? I'm hoping it doesn't leak and runs for 2500.00

thoughts?

(to PULL the Mustangs with)

For reference, it's 440 Dodge powered 320 model. I like the 270 better, much sexier, but this is still dirt cheap. I'd want to paint it up like the Speed Racer "Mammoth Car:

Last edited by Beagle; November 19, 2012, 07:21 AM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

that looks clean, but man...I bet it will consume the petrol like an Irish Catholic consumes booze on St. Patricks day....it wont be measured in MPG but GPM...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

That one looks like it's been taken care of....get the seller to demonstrate that ALL the systems work (plumbing, electrical, etc). The long ones have more room inside, but they weigh more, etc.

Does it still have the thermoquad carb?
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Has/can be done, pulling a trailer.. They are pretty maxxed out fully loaded.. That said.. Load it wisely, you van pull anything
        Did a valve job on a different brand and the laying down to work on it over a hole really hurt my rib cage
        If everything works and all.. Be a cool rig

Comment

I have a friend who loves those and camps regularly in his (with the Travco club).... neat rigs, way ahead of their time
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Nice looking rig from the pictures but I'd rather go with a 77-78 GMC or a Revcon.
            sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

That rig really looks clean..........price seems to be right.
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I love them Travco's!

I've been looking for a 68-72 Travco 270 for years. Trying to find one is getting more difficult. That one looks sweet.
                Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
                www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

dont you have to have a finished and running mustang to tow first ?
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Mustangs don't need to run to be towed.......
                    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Cummins 12v conversion FTW!!!
                      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                        Cummins 12v conversion FTW!!!

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                          Mustangs don't run to be and need to be towed.......

There, fixed it for you

Here, let me demonstrate how this works in real life.... Stiney, are you enjoying driving your Cadistang?
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I agree with BBR and squirrel's ideas, if you paint it like the mammoth car it's going to have to pull a 6% grade at 75 mph.
                            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                              There, fixed it for you

Here, let me demonstrate how this works in real life.... Stiney, are you enjoying driving your Cadistang?
                              Touche'

Though for the record, I used a big c-clamp to compress the calipers to release the brakes so I could move it around on Saturday. Made some vroomvroom noises too. I even modified the column so that stupid little key-release tab thingy is history.

Don't you have a skidsteer to go play with? The novelty couldn't have worn off THAT quickly.
                              Last edited by STINEY; November 20, 2012, 12:52 PM.
                              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                              X