Race Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race Photos

There was a guy at the track in Georgia with a bag full of camera stuff and a laptop. He was a part of the formal introductions and speeches at the drivers' meetings. He takes photos.

They let everybody know he was there to take photos of your car on the track, and he sells them of course. Of course I bought the package. 10 hi def photos for $75.

I would have given that for the ONE photo Mike Black took for free at The Mile. Photos. Yep, capture the moment.

This guy's setup is a slower exposure rate. Make the wheels blurry and the background blurry at the same time to give a sense of speed, but the car is in sharp focus. Yes, he's an artist and blatantly stated he'll use the money for race car parts so HE can run the road course next time.

Mike - hint, hint....there's a market out there. Yep, for folks like me. Photos.
    Last edited by pdub; November 20, 2012, 06:12 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

im trying to get to that point to sell photos and try to make some side cash for the hot rod project
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
      im trying to get to that point to sell photos and try to make some side cash for the hot rod project
      Ya know Charles, I thought about it after I posted that. You're a danged good shooter too. The BangShift Photographer in fact. I'm sorry, my bad. I think there's room for race shooters out there, and I do believe that Mike has a talent he either doesn't want to admit, or doesn't realize.

We all know YOU have talent, yes you do. Great stuff.

Comment

Thanks PeeWee. Much appreciated. My uncle Wayne was a pro photographer. I got it from him. I've had a camera since i was a wee boy, but never had any pro grade equipment....

I have seriously thought about selling my ride to finance the camera thing. I can't really afford to fix or even maintain it the way it should be - so why not....?

And yes Charles... you do take a great pic. we've all seen that here.

and I gotta ask, peewee, where are those shots from the track? inquiring minds want to see 'em.
        Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

I don't have them yet, in the works. I'll send you a PM right about now or sooner RE the guy that does it. No ads here.

Comment

PM delivered.

Comment

motivational thread.
              how does one taking many pictures stay motivated...

I could only guess its one in a thousand that does something so beyond the norm to raise goosepimples.

I too am into photo, staying way back with my junk...
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

There's something to it, an art that I don't have. Not just taking a photo, but knowing exactly when to take it and where to take it from.

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                  My friends XGF was doing that here at Speed World, they'd let her set up so she could get the hole shots and then she would sell the pics to the racers if they wanted one..... Their are also guys that do it at the dirt bike tracks, they get killer shots of guys in the air and then sell you the pic of you want it..... All you need is a laptop and a nice picture quality printer......
                  Last edited by TC; November 20, 2012, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Mike, Charles, either one of ya, you could do that. Maybe not a living, but more than pay your way to a speed event.

And not to step on the guy that already does it in Ohio for the Mile. I bought a great photo from him.

Just sayin'. Guys like me who do something so seldom, we want a photo of it, and there's lot of places where that's happening, life events all over (including racing).
                    Last edited by pdub; November 20, 2012, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                      My friends XGF was doing that here at Speed World, they'd let her set up so she could get the hole shots and then she would sell the pics to the racers if they wanted one..... Their are also guys that do it at the dirt bike tracks, they get killer shots of guys in the air and then sell you the pic of you want it..... All you need is a laptop and a nice picture quality printer......
                      And a high quality fast shutter camera, several lens's for the right apllication, polarizers, hoods, tripods, battery packs, filters, pic software and the experience to use them properly.....and a little talent.
                      Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Mike....Mike......MIKE!!?!??!??!?

Ummmmm.....talent? Crawl out of the shell man. Oh hell yes, you've got it. Do you need me to come over there and slap you across the head?

Comment

Steve Reyes is selling a bunch of old drag race photos on ebay for around $20 . lots of great stuff from OCIR in the 70's.
                          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I had a nice chatting with steve reyes at the NHRR a couple hears ago and he gave me some great insight into automotive photography
                            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
                            X