Lbs per HP... What is your "standard"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lbs per HP... What is your "standard"

Ok, I know thats a hugely vauge question but lets put it this way. If you were buying a car that you couldn't mod for a daily driver what would you put down as the minium lbs per hp?

For me I don't like seeing above 17 which is good because my Lincoln is in the mid 16's.
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Re: Lbs per HP... What is your "standard"

My Centurion I believe is around 16lbs/hp, my Skylark currently ~11-12lbs/hp, and my motorcycle ~5lbs/hp with me on it ;D T-bird I have no idea what kind of hp it has nor the weight.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

confused, are you talking HP at the crankshaft? at the wheels? dynojet horsepower or real SAE horsepower? peak or average? (HUGE difference between the two) question is more than a little vague...
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Well I was going off of the advertised HP for my Lincoln so I'm guessing its the conservative SAE Net HP at the flywheel.
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

5 lbs per Hp... unless it's a Bville car... then it's 5 lbs per hp... LOL

K

Comment

Working...
          X