X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by peewee View Post

Can I apply for my Man Card now?
    Consider your application received. LOL

Getting old "ain't" for the weak. I've come to the conclusion that you have to stay active to be active.
    I'm still learning

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
      Consider your application received. LOL

Getting old "ain't" for the weak. I've come to the conclusion that you have to stay active to be active.
      I'm active. Every day I jump to conclusions and overstep my bounds, but that doesn't usually seem to make me as tired as I am today.
      Last edited by pdub; December 15, 2012, 02:31 PM.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• 1.chase down rumors
        2. Stir the pot
        3. Bark up the wrong tree
        4. Bray at the moon
        5. Case your tail
        6. Run in circles
        7. Back stab
        8. Run from trouble
        9. Crash in your recliner.....my fav..

Comment

• I don't know WHAT you're griping about, youngun'! Hell, when I was yer age......

Now I have a hoist - might want to look into that.

But seriously, cool to see you biting off more and finding out that you really CAN chew it. Proud of you - and yes, it IS fun!

Dan
          Last edited by DanStokes; December 15, 2012, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by peewee View Post
            All of that to bleed the existing brakes down, and lemme tell ya, that stuff looked like maple syrup. Yep, I fried the fluid in the calipers, sure did.

I'm "ready" to put the new brakes on. Mentally. I can do that, it's simple. Gotta have new wheels and maybe new tires first, though.

And I'm an old guy. That crawling around and under and over the car....that's an exercise in exercise isn't it? I'm plumb whooped. Whooped from fun. Yeah, I like working on a car, just haven't done it in 25 years. Yeah, I remember. I'll sleep well and soon tonight and pay for it in the joints tomorrow. That's fun.

Can I apply for my Man Card now?
            Fish oil capsules and vit.D... 4-1000 iu fish oil with 2 meals and 3-100iu d-3... Keep ya limber.... Pain free too..

Comment

• Fish oil capsules...gag.

I can only get those down if I freeze them first.
              I'm still learning

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
                Fish oil capsules...gag.

I can only get those down if I freeze them first.
                The ones I take do not have an after taste.. Never tasted fish or oil..
                I can move ...

Comment

• Bob Holmes has got it nailed - stay active. 30,000 miles on a bicycle doesn't count 25 years later. Like I never did it.

But what I do remember - it hurts to do it, so do it some more. That's the hard part to remember. Do it some more.

Comment

• Just caught reading this thread.. all I can say is it made me smile... One reason to do projects is to buy tools, like women buying shoes for their new dress.

Good Job PW.
                    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

• Waiting to get Red's new wheels to go with his Big (ass) Brakes, but first I have to pay for a dog (well worth it already in our household). I'm liking the first wheels that Ed recommended and having fun playing with Paint on a chilly wet day:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Red With New Wheels.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	865982

Comment

Working...
                      X