Spankie's in Dog Heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spankie's in Dog Heaven

We lost a mighty good one at our house this evening. I haven't had a cry that big in a long time. Gosh, that's hard.

On Unit's birthday, no less. Talk about major suckage. Damn. Damn for a whole lot of years to come.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

My condolences to you and Unit .... they become part of the family, sorry for your loss.
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Sucks big time! Sorry as heck to hear you and Sue lost one of your children..

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
        My condolences to you and Unit .... they become part of the family, sorry for your loss.
        Thanks man. I'm crying again right now. I started to not post anything about it, but I figured as soon a Dan Stokes or somebody mentioned Spankie in a post, I'd have to tell it anyway and cry again anyway.

I love you guys, all of you. We really don't need a lot of condolences, as much as we appreciate the thought, and we sure do. I just wanted to say, that's the news. And you all know how hard that is. Yeah, it's tough.

Comment

Sorry to hear Brother.
          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

My heart goes out to you and Sue. hang in there buddy.
            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss.
              If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Brighton, MI

Comment

I have heard you mention spankie..
                having a rough time, being an old dog.

sorry for your loss, most likely in a less painful outcome now.
                not to be cracking jokes at a sad time.

here is a sad song about a whale.
                Last edited by Barry Donovan; November 23, 2012, 04:51 PM.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Barry, not sure I totally get the thing about the whale in my state of mind tonight. That's alright, I'm only saying I'm sure I'm not thinking very well at all tonight.

Twice, with Frecklee the cat and today with Spankie the Dawg, we had to make the decision when enough was enough. When has the poor beast suffered enough? When does it come down to our own selfishness, just to be able to keep looking at our furry loved one and have it in the house with us, no matter how badly they are suffering and not alive?

That is a gut-wrenching godawful decision to make. We made the call, the vet came to our house and put Spankie down. You want to talk about an awful painful decision? Well, it's obvious when it gets so bad, but it's still a mighty godawful decision, and a final one and it makes you (no, me) cry.

Just awful. And you never forget it, but you had to do it. And you don't regret it, if you thought it out well enough, but you won't forget it. Because when you say do it, it's done. Just awful. Just awful. No other way out, other than the poor dog is suffering even more every hour.

Comment

So Sorry to hear PeeWee. Good pets a hard to let go of. RIP Spankie.
                    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

my condolences
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

My heart goes out to you and Sue, Pdub. Mary and I are saddened to hear of your loss. Hopefully you will soon find another buddy to cruise with.....not to replace Spankie, but rather to carry on for him.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Peewee, Im sorry to hear this. May he RIP. Its an awful thing to have to go through. Mine is 13 yrs old now and he has bad days sometimes and it kills me too. Keep your head up,you did the right thing and gave him a good life,that's what you have to remember. '

Comment

Yeah, that's what we've been doing tonight, laughing about all that he did in nearly 15 years. That's the way to do it, should be.

It's depressing, I'd been telling Sue the whole week, you KNOW he's leaving us, right? And I made her cry.

I didn't cry until it was over. And then boy did I ever cry. I was holding it in. Trying to be strong up to that point.

Comment

Ya know what guys - I'm supposed to be the funny guy and I always intend to be.

But come Monday I have an especially heavy workload. In 8 1/2 hours I'll have 32 guys, one every 15 minutes coming at me for for truck certification. And if they're at all friendly, they'll ask, "How was your holiday?"

If that was right now, I'd have to be forced to say,"We had to have our dog put to sleep on my wife's birthday. How was yours?"

Maybe I'll feel better on Monday.

Comment

Working...
                              X