Why is Comp Cams cam sauce so runny?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Comp Cams cam sauce so runny?!

And if the motor is going to sit for the remainder of the build before it is fired, will the lube all just run off?

Should I use a moly lube instead?

Or moly lube on the lobes, then put the comp lube on the lifters later when they're installed?

or just dump the Comp lube into the pan with the break-in oil?
    Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

good question.
    I found pumping oil is not all the lube..but the currents passing around it.
    maybe the comp lube is simply einstein at setting up the metal, not so much to be a dead thick lube.

..that is my strange pursuit of diodes. part of it anyway..
    crazy flows, engine don't care what pump is pumping and to where or how much.

american v8 is good even half assed...some engines need rocket science.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; November 24, 2012, 02:06 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

If so if the motor is going to sit for awhile after being assembled before being fired, use the red sticky stuff.
      Last edited by CDMBill; November 24, 2012, 09:28 PM.
      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Which brand is the 'red sticky stuff'?

I have a little bottle of the Crane assembly lube, kinda sticky, is that what you mean?
        Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

I use Isky's stuff.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X