Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: Bracket racing on water

enjoy!
    Last edited by FINNEGAN; November 24, 2012, 08:44 PM.

Rooster tails
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I was the bottom end guy on a Blown Alcohol Hydro.....Donnie Couch was the crew chief....met Brad and Randy Anderson ....they were at the races a lot with us.....boat was sponsored by Mission Tortillas and Chips...
      The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Finney, did I mention you are CRAZY for racing those boats?
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
          Rooster tails
          and monster balls.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

awesome vid, caught it earlier.

the dialing in of the time is incredible..you got skills.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

great video !
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

whimper... sniffle....

Massachusetts doesn't have 90-deg temps, glass-smooth water, or clear skies..... and even if it did, MA wouldn't allow it 'cause its TOO LOUD.

But I love it.

Nice job Finnegan.
                Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Awesome!! Thanks Mike....
                  200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                  Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Cool video. We talked on DW about how you race boats on water. Started catching it on Speed, that timing of the lights is crazy....
                    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Thanks for posting that up -
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                        Finney, did I mention you are CRAZY for racing those boats?
                        I'm totally addicted to drag racing cars but strangely I'm actually more comfortable in a boat than i am in a truck or car with a cage. Not sure how to explain that other than to say i have a better sense of when shit is about to go bad on water than I do on asphalt.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
                          awesome vid, caught it earlier.

the dialing in of the time is incredible..you got skills.
                          Its pretty easy to figure out the amount of ET you lose given a change in weather conditions, as long as the track stays the same. all bets are off when the wind comes up or you make a pass right after a top fuel hydro that really churns up the water.

Comment

Originally posted by FINNEGAN View Post
                            Its pretty easy to figure out the amount of ET you lose given a change in weather conditions, as long as the track stays the same. all bets are off when the wind comes up or you make a pass right after a top fuel hydro that really churns up the water.
                            you made it look easy.
                            if I could do that for a year round road goer in maine...
                            it would be a gem.
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                              Cool video. We talked on DW about how you race boats on water. Started catching it on Speed, that timing of the lights is crazy....
                              Cutting a good light in a boat is about as hard as trying to hit a 100 mph fastball from a big league pitcher. The rope you hold onto is always moving forward and back because the boat doesn't have brakes, so its moving around as the engine idles. When its time to leave the starting line you have to let go of the rope and in that split second the boat can start to get pushed around by the wind. The boat doesn't always land the same during the holeshot so that 125 ft run you get at the beams can make cutting a light even more difficult. Its an art that requires quite a bit of luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X