if you had $425 million...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you had $425 million...

I spotted the powerball jackpot earlier climbing to fourth biggest in history..
    now at #2 in us history.,,not won yet. may even get bigger.

I don't think I will give another dollar to play..that's two dollars now, I forget (I don't play much).

what does a regular person do after that kind of win?
    unfathomable.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

If I had that much I probably wouldnt be painting my own cars in a pole barn, and building an engine every three years.

Comment

If I was to win it, there would be a handful of guys on this board that would have the cars of their dreams.......

Comment

I would disappear
        Last edited by BOOOGHAR; November 24, 2012, 11:52 PM.
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

1/4 to charity straight off 1/2 in the bank and live off the intrest and 1/4 for cars, bikes and garages.
          GF:Did you motor blow up?
          Me:No i took the rod and shoved it through my block on purpose...

Comment

First thing........get a money manager.....then
            Lots and lots to charity..........I'd be one of those guys giving
            out $100 bills to strangers.

Plenty left for other things.

Statisically a very high percentage of these winners
            are broke in 5 years.........some in jail.
            Last edited by Monk; November 25, 2012, 06:44 AM.
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Give half to my wife. Find a money man. Only spend the interest. Hire a couple people to help with giving and those with their hand out. Really big ware house, lots of cars.
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

I'd go from weird to eccentric overnight.
                Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Your forgetting that 1/2 goes to taxes right of the top
                  Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                  The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

The $425 million is if you take the 30 year payout........like an annuity.

If you cash out, you get a little over half........say $220 million, then 40% for taxes (approx).
                    Gives you about $132 million in cash........still a good pay day.
                    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                      Your forgetting that 1/2 goes to taxes right of the top
                      I could live on the interest from 200+ million I think.

Uber conservative 3 pct growth is 6 million a year, pay 50% on that, I'd have a damn hard time spending 3 million a year. Just not my style. I could go through a half a mil probably before I got bored with spending money... that is a LOT of shopping and I don't want that big of a house.
                      Last edited by Beagle; November 25, 2012, 09:13 AM.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                        If I had that much I probably wouldnt be painting my own cars in a pole barn, and building an engine every three years.

I'd definitely have somebody else doing my painting and I would build an engine ever 3 weeks! I would pay somebody else to install them though. There would definitely be some big machinery in my garage and I would go to machinist school just because I could. I'd build the stupid things in my mind that I can't now.
                        Last edited by Beagle; November 25, 2012, 09:18 AM.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Buy $420M worth of real gold and security, and use remaining 5mil to play around with a year or 2.
                          WTH you need a 'money man' for? So he can spend and live off your dough 'wisely'...?
                          Isn't that why most of you have wifes already?
                          www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                            I would disappear
                            I was thinking similar.
                            money does do some sick things..

I'd be non superhero version of batman, strange cars included...

the mention of painting on your own in a pole barn. That is a whole line of business missing..
                            instead of charity donations, I'd do something for cars that don't get dealers anymore.

some states call 25 years antique...it is more dynamical than that to have traits of antique...alot of voids to fill about saving cars and law, and staying happy about a project as a result.
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I'd be setting up my family and friends, and then setting up scholarships and charity's for medical research to help the indigent. and i'd get my car painted properly.....

Honestly if you only had 160,000,000 or so in cash to spend... that's not a whole lot of money really.... good for a small clan or a small municipality, or maybe a very small hospital..... you'd have to budget your funds that's for sure.
                              Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Working...
                              X