Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crappy Day Just Got a Little Better (Discount Tire plug)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crappy Day Just Got a Little Better (Discount Tire plug)

My day...well, hell my whole last 8 days has been pretty much crap. I noticed when I did my rims that one of my tires looked a little worn, when I pulled them off for a look over they are shot. All 4 are toast. So, I call up a few shops and Discount tire has what I need on special. Just $175 for the rears and $155 for the fronts. The rears go for as much as 300 at times. I have found them cheaper online but the shipping and then mounting/balancing adds up to more than what I am paying for everything and a free road hazzard, AND a $30 dollar visa gift card for just over 700 bucks. About 5 months back I was quoted 990 for all four tires from the same shop.

Not a big win but a win none the less
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Our youngest son is a Discount Tire store manager. They always treat us well and did even before we had the connection. Their alignment service sucks, though! (They don't offer ANY service outside of tires).

Dan

Comment

I have purchased a number of sets of tired thru them and have always been treated well. Customer service is always top notch there. I do not like having to out source the alighnment but, I have a place for that I have been going to for years...
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I've had good luck with an America's Tires in Ontario, CA. Got the drag radials for my Skylark there the day after I asked if they could get them Likewise in not offering any alignment services. Nice score on the tires.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Discount and America's are the same company, depending on the state. I'm guessing that some states already had a "Discount Tire" registered so they needed another name. Same management, warehouses, etc.

Dan
          Last edited by DanStokes; November 26, 2012, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Best buddy's got 2 sons in America's tire family.. One is a manager who opens new stores then moves on, the other is the ass't manager... They give me family rates... I agree on the alignment thing... A
            Another big chain here in the PNW does it all but customer service stinks and they do crappy work as well as quality in the dumper.. Since the founder passed away... Blamed the thump on my truck due to the fact it was old, or bent rim.. Nope shitty tire
            Thus America's tire gets my biz even without the boys

Comment

is that the same as discount tire direct?

I have to go internet, my location goes evil. After refusing to believe the local abyss is not draining wallets..even today, with a "world" wide web to help regulate the robbers.

I recently got an avid trz with a paint spot on it for 20 bucks less and delivered...like 40 bucks less. brand new.
              I am one to search one at a time if I have to.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Belle tire here in michigan treats me well and they have alignment and mechanical work as well - they put a ball joint in my '97 when it was there for an alignment and I didn't have time to do it myself.

Tires continue to become crazy expensive.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

you know, it's funny that this came up. I was just thinking today about putting an old truck of mine back on the road and the first thought that hit my mind... crap, there goes a grand in tires. It's the only thing between you and the road though, and I've lost a car too many times over crappy tires. Not "lost" but lost control screwing around and wound up saying things like "dang."

Monica had the Escape's tires rotated the other day and the guy goes "Do you still own all these cars?" and she laughs... "And then some."

I paid for the Flower Mound Tx Discount Tire, one set at a time.

NTB will no longer get my business - would not take 100.00 bill on a 92.00 purchase. Would not take cash. I said take the damn tire off, or let me talk to the manager. It *was* the manager. For real. Lost a customer, lifetime, on the spot.

The Wal-Mart in Lewisville is pretty dang good for really cheap. I do a lot of Sunday work there since Discount isn't open on Sunday. Trailer tires and such, great price, American tires, cheap and quick. I'm pretty happy with them suprisingly. I hate the company but the guys that work at my location are awesome, good, cheap, fast. I never really get to say that!
                  Last edited by Beagle; November 27, 2012, 07:30 PM.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I buy from Discount Tire's wholesale division, it's kind of weird, some tires have huge discounts, where tires like the Nitto's I got for my Camaro only had about a $10 discount from what they are advertised on their website for....... In any case Discount has always done me right, you just can't beat getting a flat repair for free even if you didn't buy the tires from them.......
                    Last edited by TC; November 27, 2012, 07:50 PM.

Comment

I do love the customer service. The salesman called me yesterday to tell me how sorry he was but a glitch in the system showed my front tires in Phx...but they werent. He appoligized up and down, Told him no worries just ring me when the fronts get there. He called today to let me know they are shipping from Indiana and will be here Wednesday and to let me know the backs were in. Its the little things like this that will keep me coming back.

Comment

Working...
                      X