06 Sierra wont manually shift down into low (1st) gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 Sierra wont manually shift down into low (1st) gear

I just got done putting the transmission back into my 2006 Sierra 4wd. I had to have the tranny rebuilt. Before all of this I could manually shift the shifter down into low gear (1st). It was slightly difficult to do so but it would go down into 1st. After putting the same tranny in after having it rebuilt I can not manually shift it down into low gear. The cable is not adjustable and everything was simply taken out and put right back in. Can any one possibly help me figure this out? I would really appreciate it, thanks in advance!!

1500? Will the handle go to 1st and not work or wil it shift in 1st if put in drive?

Is it a linkage or trans problem?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

1500? Will the handle go to 1st and not work or wil it shift in 1st if put in drive?

Is it a linkage or trans problem?
      Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

I can not get the handle down into 1st. If I put it in drive everything works perfect. I am assuming it is some sort of linkage/ cable issue. Yes it is a 1500 with a 4l60/4l65e trans. I should pop the cable off the trans and see if i can manually shift the trans into low/ 1st gear

Comment

At work here at the mine it is usually mud build up on the linkage that keeps it out of low gear.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Sounds like a problem with the rebuild, I'd take it to the guy that rebuilt it and see what he says.......

Comment

Working...
            X