One Dead-Assed Mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Dead-Assed Mouse

With the Spankie thing going on, I know we've been under a lot of stress at our house.

I can actually trace it back and account for it all. Last Tuesday I was sitting at the computer and knew good and well I saw a mouse run across the floor, from under my computer to underneath the couch. It was quick, I mean this guy was hauling ass.

I saw it, out of the corner of my eye, I KNOW I saw that. I've see mice run before in my life. So quick, that's what I saw. But I was under stress.

On Wednesday I bought one of those D-Con slap traps, a traditional mouse trap that has a black plastic house built around it so you don't really have to see the dead mouse or handle it, other you can see his tail sticking out of it after the certain kill.

Wednesday, I brought it home and told Unit, "We have a mouse in the house, I saw it."

Naturally she was appalled. Like we needed more stress than was already going on.

I set the trap out and nothing happened with it. After Spankie passed, I heard him stomping around in the living room, and felt the floor vibrations. He was there (NO, he wasn't).

So am I hallucinating all of it? And under stress, did I even hallucinate the mouse?

HAH! NO. This afternoon that little running sumbitch mouse was in the trap, as dead as five Food Lion flounders. Got him.

Ahhhhh. It took some days, but I wasn't crazy after all. Well, not THAT crazy at least. I was hearing things, but at least I wasn't seeing things.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Find the hole where he got in, and plug it with steel wool. Otherwise more will find their way in just like the first one.
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

pdub, I worked with a sick guy one time who had a special thing for rats. A very special hatred. He would put a bit of peanut butter sammich in the trash can at work, and put the can by his workbench. The rats would come down the bench into the can for their prize. Surprise you little bastard, you can't get out.

He'd grab them with vice grips and dip them in the carb cleaner, then he'd spray them with b12 and light them and turn them loose in the warehouse. The poor little things would run around in circles until they burned out, then he'd run over them with the fork lift. They stayed dead.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I DON'T want rodents (or insects) in the house. But like all of us, they're just trying to make a living. Like the snakes around here, if they'll stay outside I'll stay inside and we can all get along. Pretty much works for us.

Dan

Comment

Thank God this wasn't about a small block..........
          Last edited by oletrux4evr; November 28, 2012, 07:37 AM.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
            pdub, I worked with a sick guy one time who had a special thing for rats. A very special hatred. He would put a bit of peanut butter sammich in the trash can at work, and put the can by his workbench. The rats would come down the bench into the can for their prize. Surprise you little bastard, you can't get out.

He'd grab them with vice grips and dip them in the carb cleaner, then he'd spray them with b12 and light them and turn them loose in the warehouse. The poor little things would run around in circles until they burned out, then he'd run over them with the fork lift. They stayed dead.
            That is sick....
            Originally posted by TC
            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

^ x2

I would rather have rats in the house than Beagle's friend!
              That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

I don't know...... think I will ride the fence on this one.

I'm sure the Pied Piper of Hamlet offended someone who was making a buck off the rat problem - - and probably someone else thought it was cruel to run them to the river for drowning.

What I do know is we take a certain glee from catching rogue mice at work. Even have a special "Shop Cat" who gets to roam the place at night.

And at home, well any dead rodent is a welcome rodent. Its the frisky ones who present a problem - a NUMBER ONE PRIORITY PROBLEM. Just ask my wife where on the priority list they are....
                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                  ^ x2

I would rather have rats in the house than Beagle's friend!
                  You have never experienved something scurrying across your legs at night..... Yep.. Nasty baztuds!
                  When a buddy came to visit while my wife and kids were out of town, we saw one scurry across the floor... Nobody home 14 hrs a day'. Me sleeping 6 of those.. Didn't take them long to move in... Bought D-con.. Put 2 in the house.. All gone when I got home.. Put out 2 more the next day.. All gone... Week later... SNIFF SNIFF golleee phewww started cleaning the house... Found the contents of the D-con tucked in the hide-a-bed.. Hmmmm ?? Who really won? Took half the ceiling down in the family room, 1/4 the wall in the bathroom, following the stink of rotting flesh... All sweatty, tired (working 12 hr days, remember) happen to glance at the chimney and found a small light shining thru...Hmmm not supposed to be light there.. Got closer.. TAIL! Found the sucker! Was walking out to bury the stinker, Wifey and kids pull in the driveway...

Comment

a bad season south..those little critters may even have invisible entry.

as bad as the north gets, a mouse apocylpse in the fall may even bring the odor through the air...hardly any critters at all.

my dad set up his own rodent attracting scenario by keeping trash in the garage. why it is not outside? strange. about the only way to get critters here...set them up for their version of mansion.

I complain alot about cold, but it sure kicks butt in the right places sometimes.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I didn't say Friend, I said I worked with a sick guy .... and if you've ever had something burn down from rats or fuzzy cute rats (Squirrels) eating the wires in your house, you'll think he's a bit extreme but effective.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                        Find the hole where he got in, and plug it with steel wool. Otherwise more will find their way in just like the first one.
                        Yeah, but find "the hole?" The way our house was (not) built in the late 80's I guess it's about as sealed as a screen door on a submarine.

First mouse we've SEEN in the house after nearly five years, we hope it was a fluke. A lone wolf.

Dang he was fast, though. The animal version of a first round NFL wide receiver whose career was abruptly ended by a back problem.

Comment

We used to get 'em in Michigan (mice not rats) - mostly in the Fall. I guess they wanted to come in as the temp dropped. We'd give 'em "special mousey food" and they vanished pretty quickly but it was pretty much an annual ritual. Also had woodchucks but we'd leave 'em alone as long as they stayed out of the yard (we had a large side yard and were OK if they hung out there). Otherwise it was traps and murder.

Dan
                          Last edited by DanStokes; November 28, 2012, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                            We used to get 'em in Michigan (mice not rats) - mostly in the Fall. I guess they wanted to come in as the temp dropped. We'd give 'em "special mousey food" and they vanished pretty quickly but it was pretty much an annual ritual. Also had woodchucks but we'd leave 'em alone as long as they stayed out of the yard (we had a large side yard and were OK if they hung out there). Otherwise it was traps and murder.

Dan
                            I sure hope we're not up against anything big. As Bob pointed out, if there's a lot of 'em, put out the poison. But they DO go somewhere and die. Like, somewhere in the house. Which leads to yet another problem.

One mouse. I'm sure of it. We killed him graveyard dead. Problem over.

Uhhhhhhhhhh....we hope.

Comment

peewee, sounds like you need a cat.
                              Tom
                              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                              X