car insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car insurance

After buying the new car, I'm looking for a good car insurance company to go with. I'm not happy with Gieco any more. I was paying $84 per month for full coverage on my truck. I always call and get a quote from my insurance before buying a vehicle and I did before I bought the Cobalt. They quoted me $840/6 months. Still very high, but I went through with it. After I bought the car and called to add it on, my new premium is $907/6 months. > I told them several times that they had just quoted me $840 and that that was entirely too high. No luck. I've called 3 times and have had no help. My next payment is going to be over $250 and almost $150/month after that. > It's pissing me off. > This is a freakin' $11,000 four cylinder car!!!! >

So, reccommend some insurance company's for me to try and let me know if this is really that far off track. I'm 29 years old, no accidents and haven't had a ticket in about 9 years and I'm a government employee. And I've never figured out how to drive more than one car at a time, so I can't get over how much I'm being charged (read - raped). I'm going to try Allstate right now and see what they can offer.

Re: car insurance

Allstate would be my suggestion. They were able to shave 1500$ a year off of my insurance for 3 cars.
    Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

Allstate has been good to me....I check other companies every other year or so and they're still the best for me. I agree about not being able to drive two cars at once....bend over!
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I have Allstate, and they do pretty good. Your best bet may be to see if you have a local insurance agency that carried for a bunch of companies. Before I moved I had a local agency and they would call me about a month before my policy was up and tell me to either renew the current, or who they were switching me to for a better rate.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys

I used to be with Progressive and they were good for a long time, but things went bad with them. I might get a quote from them just in case.

Already got a quote from Allstate. No way! $193/month

Also, I checked Farmers insurance here. $176/month

I'm not having much luck. I need to get my truck paid off so I can drop it down to liability

Comment

I would suggest Progressive or Safe Auto

Comment

I get my car insurance through Costco. The insurance company is Ameriprise. Simple to get a quote online in about 5 minutes. You will need to have a membership to purchase the insurance but for me the 45 bucks a year was a drop in the bucket over the money I saved, about 25-30% over the next lowest.

Comment

I'm using AAA insurance. Both of my cars with a lot of liability costs $600 a year. That's here in LA county. I know of few other guys using them.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I too use Allstate. They have been pretty good over the years. However, not all of their ads on TV apply in every state. Accident forgiveness does not apply in North Carolina ???.

Comment

What State are you in? I use Farm Bureau insurance in Michigan and they are 50% of everyone else. Membership is cheap too.

Just a thought.

Seth
                    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I have been with statefarm my entire driving life, except for 2 years of sr22 with progressive. I hate progressive, they screwed me bad, even after I got rid of my car and went old truck only.
                      I learned to calm the heck down driving, and state farm has treated me ok, with the exception of had 1984 F150, full coverage many years:$25/month. sold truck, bought back 1-2 years later. $49 a month full coverage, wtf?
                      Never could get a IMHO reasonable answer on that.
                      Still, they have treated us good. But, I have my house, car, truck, and additional stuff with them so I get discounts. My wife's last wreck fell off two months back, so the cost dropped $11 a month.
                      I have Hagerty on the Torino, but that's different.
                      Farmers has treated my brother ok, and a buddy of mine has been ok with them for some time now.
                      I suggest checking one of the independants like mentioned before, might be able to save you by rate shopping?

One thing, I didn't catch where you reside, but hell any more, they are looking where, when, they do pull credit files and associate risk with your credit record from what I have been told.
                      I moved out of one city, and into a suburb, different county, and that made a hell of a change as well.
                      Andrew
                      1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                      2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

I live in New Mexico.

Thanks for the responses, guys. I'm still looking. I tried Safe Auto yesterday, but they don't cover New Mexico.

Comment

It does usually help if you insure multiple vehicles and your house with the same company. That helps us a lot. I too use Hagerty for my "special vehicles." Normal companies don't give you much coverage for your classic car or truck.

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts
                            I too use Allstate. They have been pretty good over the years. However, not all of their ads on TV apply in every state. Accident forgiveness does not apply in North Carolina ???.
                            Or colorado.....one more thing to mention about allstate, and i don't know if it's just my agent, or allstate as a whole, but I can also get Haggerty ins thru my agent directly. All the claims are handled directly thru her as well.
                            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

have you tried....

Comment

Working...
                              X