The Next Dog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Next Dog?

Unit is naturally heartsick about Spankie's passing, we both are. She's thinking, talking about SOMEDAY getting another dog. It's a long time maybe before either of us are ready to do it again. But it's on the table. I am totally neutral. Pet, no pet, whatever after all of this.

She got Spankie in Charleston SC, barely a handful of a dog. One of my favorite photos is Unit (long before I ever met her) holding Spankie, all of him, in her cupped hands. A mighty cute little feller. A Heinz 57 mixed breed mutt. The best dog ever, but not a lap dog as it turned out.

And she was told he'd stay little.

He didn't stay exactly little. About 60 pounds at his worst (that was our fault entirely, he liked table food and we sure gave it to him).

When Unit got Spankie, she wanted a lap dog, a cuddly dog.

What's the best cuddly lap dog? For future reference, I'd like some feedback if anybody has any.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Pomeranians are long haired, fiesty, small.. But hard to housebreak.. Always sneaking off to the corner pissing..
    BUT. They have the heart of a lion! One of mine attacked the neighbor on his riding mower cutting lawn..
    About all I have on small dogs...
    Love my pits.. Little big to be lap dogs but they sure try...

Comment

with the net, finding an answer should be easy.

my grandma was into little dogs.. I forget the breeds.

my dad just got a little pug dog. loves attention, doesn't play king at anything..like stealing a warm seat etc.

Some dogs are assholes
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

We just lost our baby boy yesterday......he didn't even make 1 yo......just 4 days shy of that....collapsed and held on for 12 hours....CHAD was heartbroken when I told him......he declared Nitro the baddest ass dog ever......nice to know he was loved by all....

RIP peace my son....

NITRO
        The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chassisman View Post
          We just lost our baby boy yesterday......he didn't even make 1 yo......just 4 days shy of that....collapsed and held on for 12 hours....CHAD was heartbroken when I told him......he declared Nitro the baddest ass dog ever......nice to know he was loved by all....

RIP peace my son....

NITRO
          OH NO CM. Gosh I am so sorry to hear that. That's, oh my. They just don't stay with us. Thoughts of sympathy your way for sure.

Comment

Malteses are great lap dogs. Weigh about 4-5 lbs (yet, think they're more like 70 lbs), cute as a bug, smart as a whip, friendly as can be... AND they don't shed because they have hair not fur.
            Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

CM, Sue Unit said to tell you that was the handsomest dog she's ever seen. Regal head, all of it. That's what she said.

And a great photo too, that comes from me.

Gosh, whatta loss.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                CM, Sue Unit said to tell you that was the handsomest dog she's ever seen. Regal head, all of it. That's what she said.

And a great photo too, that comes from me.

Gosh, whatta loss.
                Thanks PW......that was back in May.....everyone loved him....he had so many visitors at the track the kids and parents would come to our trailer to get.love.from Nitro....he never met a stranger and was the best cuddler ever.....he can't and won't be replaced.....still amazed that in less than 1 year he stole.my heart.....you see he was a pound rescue.....saw him on my wife's Facebook.....his eyes spoke to me....I don't get attached to dogs....he wasn't a dog....when I saw him at the vet....I told him I'd be coming tomorrow to get him....he bowed his head and tears ran out of his eyes.....he turned his head.....let out a sigh and gave me a tail wag.....his way of saying good bye.....the vet took him to his home last night to treat him....he was shook up this morning when I went to get him.....he said he'd never seen a dog cry....but he swears this one did.....guess it's only fair that we're all crying for him....
                The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Whew another one... Sorry such a lover was gone so soon..

Comment

Oh my gosh I'm gonna cry again myself. DANG why can't we keep them forever? It's just not fair they don't get to stay forever.

It's just not fair on US. It's a cruel thing to have to go through, for us emotional humans.

Comment

If you're interested, my MIL raises Chihuahuas. They are true lap dogs with good temperments. I know you're still in the healing process, so just let me know anytime.

This is Tank, my Bull Terrier. He "thinks" he's a 2lb. lap dog. He took off running laps through the house one evening then came running by my chair and tried to leap into my lap. It's not a good feeling when you see a 60lb. horse jumping at you at full speed while you're sitting in a recliner. LOL I will tell you that Bull Terriers are not for impatient people. They're very smart but very stubborn animals. They are fun to have though, because they're so clownish.

"Life is tough. Life is tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne

Comment

Where are you in Tennessee, Slick?

Comment

gawd, that's crushing. Sorry for your loss.

Mom's dog was a Shiba Inu, looks like a little fox. She may have been a good lap dog for the ladies, but she had a nut-zeroing system that allowed her to land all four little bastich feet right in your balls. I don't recommend them for lap dogs, but they are entertaining the rest of the time. Very smart.

about 20 pounds, can run at 18 mph all day. Get a pound puppy. I'd suggest a Great Dane, they are awesome lap dogs.
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                            Where are you in Tennessee, Slick?
                            I'm in Sevierville, but my MIL is in Knoxville.
                            "Life is tough. Life is tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Slick68 View Post
                              I'm in Sevierville, but my MIL is in Knoxville.
                              Let's meet up one of these days. That's what BangShifters do.

Lunch at a burger joint somewhere in between seems to work well. That approach has a great history. But not this weekend. I've got some brakes to go get. I hope.

pdub

Comment

Working...
                              X