The Next Dog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peewee View Post
    It's all a matter of preference Tom. It does seem there are quite a few dog folks here.

I woulda never been a cat person and I'm still really not, but married a cat person (the second wife). And I won a cat and a 1990 GEO Prizm in that divorce. So there's Frecklee the Cat. I have to say, he was a mighty good cat. He was a great companion when I was single and alone and wondering what I'd do next before I met up with Unit.

And years after that, Spankie mourned Freck's passing maybe even more than we did. It was awful. He chewed himslef to pieces and his hair never grew back.
    peewee, that was tung in cheeck. We've got 3 dogs and 5 cats....including the outside cats we inhertated with the house we bought 2 years ago... comes to 9.

Soozie is our oldest, going to be 15 in Feb. She's a pure bred Astralian shepard. She's starting to go blind, deaf and she's starting to have trouble going up steps

Nicholson is 13. she's some sort of Spanial mix, she's ok

Molly...inherited her from my BIL. She's a Border Collie mix. 7 years old dumb as a brick but harmless as a fly and friendly.
    Last edited by Huskinhano; December 1, 2012, 06:55 PM.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
      peewee, that was tung in cheeck. We've got 3 dogs and 5 cats....including the outside cats we inhertated with the house we bought 2 years ago... comes to 9.
      Whoot! You got one dog and 4 cats more than I...but I also have 9 chickens, one duck and 7 or9 show rabbits (down from almost 200)
      Last edited by Deaf Bob; December 1, 2012, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
        Whoot! You got one dog and 4 cats more than I...but I also have 9 chickens, one duck and 7 or9 show rabbits (down from almost 200)
        A friend of mine wanted to sell me his 30 chickens that he uses for eggs. I said no.
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I've had great luck with my Dobies and Labs. Not exactly lap dogs, but they think they are. As a matter of fact, I have 90 lbs of Dobie in my lap right now!
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
            I've had great luck with my Dobies and Labs. Not exactly lap dogs, but they think they are. As a matter of fact, I have 90 lbs of Dobie in my lap right now!
            Bob, who took that photo?
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
              Bob, who took that photo?
              The dog, of course.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I think I did. Either that or the ex.
                I R Bob
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                  I think I did. Either that or the ex.

Nice angle. Floorboard cam.
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                    The dog, of course.
                    He was too busy saying "I know you have a treat up there somewhere. Give it to me!"
                    I R Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                      A friend of mine wanted to sell me his 30 chickens that he uses for eggs. I said no.
                      They shit all over! Ruin gardens, need to be penned.. But then they stink!
                      We have hawks that like chickens.. So they are kept penned except last 2 hrs when we can watch them..
                      30 is toooo many unless you feed a big family.. My daughter is a family of 4 with 2 banty hens and has eggs out the wazoo..
                      I had 20 big ones years ago, kept mom, granny auntie, and my family in eggs and still had some to give away..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                        They shit all over! Ruin gardens, need to be penned.. But then they stink!
                        We have hawks that like chickens.. So they are kept penned except last 2 hrs when we can watch them..
                        30 is toooo many unless you feed a big family.. My daughter is a family of 4 with 2 banty hens and has eggs out the wazoo..
                        I had 20 big ones years ago, kept mom, granny auntie, and my family in eggs and still had some to give away..
                        My friend has money to burn, he's retired and it was something to keep him busy. He built a coop, fed them well. He was selling the eggs but I guess it was more then what he wanted to do. The guy who bought them, the neighbor's dog took out 9 of them. It was great getting fresh eggs from him.
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I have owned dogs for over 44 years now and they are wonderful friends.

We started out with German Shepherds and had a few of them along with a Lab.

The one I have now is a Pit Bull who my son said would only be with us for about one month!!

We were just going to keep her until her owner found another place to live.

The owner did come back in one month to pick up the dog but told me she would not be able to keep her and was going to have the dog put to sleep.

First I have to say I had never owned a pit bull but I had read all the stories in the newspaper or heard on TV about them which scared me about having one.

Jazz is without question the sweetest dog I have ever owned in my life. She goes the other way if the cat comes near her.

When guys walk into my shop they see her they ask does she bite and I tell them no but she will lick you to death.

For anyone considering getting a dog do not be afraid to consider getting a pit bull the are sweet hearts and only 22% of all dog bits are from pit bulls. How ofter to you ever hear of the other 78% of dogs that bite people?

Jazz is now 14 years old and goes everywhere with me and I don't even want to think about the day when she leaves my side.

Jimbo

Comment

Blue Heeler - neighbor has one of these, she's smart and loves him to death. You don't have to leash her, she won't get more than one house way before she comes back. 45 pounds is a bit much for a lap dog though.

If you ask the dog, ALL of them are lap dogs.

other neighbor has a couple of these and all I can say is we don't get along. It is DAMN MEAN to keep these dogs in the city, much less with a tiny little back yard. I can get them to start baying which I tend to do at 3a.m. since they don't mind leaving them out when the other neighbors are having band practice at 10:30p.m. on a weeknight. I get up early - they wake me up in the middle of my night so I help them out with the middle of theirs. Barroooo!!! BarrrrroooooOO!

They do make a lovely bay. I bet the new baby over there loves it when I get them started up.

when they moved in I thought they were bassets howling. I think they are Redbones. I climbed up on the truck one day to see, damn, horses!
                            Last edited by Beagle; December 2, 2012, 06:52 AM.
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                            X