I Think.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Think.....

I think the biggest thing we're going to do in our lives is whatever we're going to do next. Intentionally.

Not conceptually. Realistically. With drive and determination. With measurable outcomes.

Discuss.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

well, I was on my way across the hangar to drop a deuce...and stopped, because it takes drive and determination to do the deed lately and I REALLY dont want that to be my next big thing.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Okay, Joe. You blew my mindset there, but that's okay. I'm alright with it. Since it's you. But only since it's you.

Comment

LOL! thanks buddy.

Seriously tho....For me it is working out, my fitness goals. Drive, determination and measurable outcome. Its been 9 months and I have not dropped a pound, but the inches arent there and my shirts are much tighter up top instead of down low.

I gave up on my automotive aspirations, I just dont have the money to get there...so...Working out is free, and it could help me live longer...or not...
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
          LOL! thanks buddy.

Seriously tho....For me it is working out, my fitness goals. Drive, determination and measurable outcome. Its been 9 months and I have not dropped a pound, but the inches arent there and my shirts are much tighter up top instead of down low.

I gave up on my automotive aspirations, I just dont have the money to get there...so...Working out is free, and it could help me live longer...or not...
          Working out is a cool thing. I tried it an I didn't like it. My upper body didn't like it (lifting weights).

But really, I'dda never thought I would have ridden a bicycle so far as a younger buck, and I'dda never thought what that would have led to after that for me, what all that caused. And I only thought I was getting away from things at the time.

That only point being, the power of a thought. I know.....hey, I can DO that.

The old addage, If you think you can, or if you think you can't...you're probably right. Or something like that.

Comment

no think and just action...
            may not be the biggest thing to happen next....I think.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

it aint for everybody. Lots of people start and few stick with it. Frankly I am a unhappy person, I am cranky, moody and generally pissed off at the world. The gym helps with that.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                it aint for everybody. Lots of people start and few stick with it. Frankly I am a unhappy person, I am cranky, moody and generally pissed off at the world. The gym helps with that.
                Joe, I happen to think you are one of the world's greatest people. We've never met in person, but I think you're great because you can hug a dog with such passion. You HAVE to be a great guy, that one trait alone. That's all I need to know.

Comment

I am going to take my plate and put it in the dishwasher, yeah my schedule is a bit different than most eating at 10pm. Might go to sleep after playing some GTA San Andreas or watching a movie, perhaps I will read a book. That is the crux of the next big thing I will be doing.

The actual next big thing is either installing an EFI system I bought, or building one. That will be around the time I can breathe again.

Comment

I just to want to drive on the road racing track again. And I'm doing what I can in the meantime to have better equipment when I get there. The driver will be the same. Can't buy a different driver. Life is as short as or long as it is. DO it.

Comment

Finally... you started talking about cars again instead of that crap that started this thread.
                      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                        Finally... you started talking about cars again instead of that crap that started this thread.
                        Yep, I'm at it again, and thanks for your help Stude and at that you know what I mean! And you know that I mean it.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                          Then you hi-jack it back to crap...
                          With my help..

Comment

What exactly was it that we were talking about?

Oh, I know....quail hunting. Yep. You need some good dogs to flush 'em out of the bushes and then you better be quick when they flush causa they make a big noise and you better shot quick or they're gone.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                              What exactly was it that we were talking about?

Oh, I know....quail hunting. Yep. You need some good dogs to flush 'em out of the bushes and then you better be quick when they flush causa they make a big noise and you better shot quick or they're gone.
                              Whatta yuh wanner whale fer?
                              Flush em down de toylut.. Dats fer sheet!
                              Wall, I header ta bedder.. Nacht

Comment

Working...
                              X