X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    Does this make me look fat?

Comment

True story: When I was 17 I got new tires for the Torino as a Christmas present. My dad and I went down to Montgomery Ward to see what they had. I already knew what size I wanted, G-60-14 radials with raised white letters. The salesman asked "why do you want such a wide tire?" my dad, without saying a word, stuck his right thumb out and pointed it at me. The salesman just nodded.
      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

A question I like to ask some of the gold chainers who own billet hot rod roadsters . .... " what kind of fiberglass body is that? "
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

"Does it have a Hemi in it?"
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Is that safe to do that?
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Are you going to be on PINKS?
              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

By neighbors-Why are you always working on that? Is it always broken? No one else asks me this ( my parents,relatives) just nosey neighbors,the snarl usually makes them leave.

Comment

Originally posted by kyhunter89 View Post
                  RV cam or B cam...

Does it run? (usually the answer is no)
                  haha - I used RV cam the other day. My second favorite is boat cam. BEECAM! FTW!

"when are you going to finish that?" Never.
                  "What color are you going to paint it?" I'm not.

My favorite, old GF - "Are you still driving that piece of junk?" yep, but you'll never ride in it again.

Daughter - "Why do you pick me up in this old piece of junk" Get out and walk, or apologize to the truck, right now. (Wasn't kidding, I had cars honking at me because I stopped on a busy street. She apologized to the truck.)

"What kind of mileage do you get?" Whatever it takes to get from A to B. What's your insurance cost? When I had a housepayment, it looked like your car payment.

I don't have anything against new cars... I kinda like some of them. I'm thinking about this the other day - DD truck is 17 years old now, drives and rattles like a 17 year old truck. I can't talk myself into replacing it. Supplementing it, maybe, but not replacing.
                  Last edited by Beagle; December 2, 2012, 08:59 AM.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

On having to explain Land Speed Racing. I either get a blank stare or - "My BIL runs a Modified. Same deal, right?" (There's the thing you don't ask a hot rodder). Man I get tired of trying to explain that. Usually I'll say "Well, have you heard of Bonneville?" and they have no clue. Shocking to me. Bonneville was in our Weekly Readers when I was a kid.

Oh well.

Dan

Comment

How a wife can soon become ex- it cost how much?
                      Do you really need more tools?
                      Jeff
                      Follow My Build

Comment

im not too fond of the new cars, i drove my moms 2013 ford fusion and started jacking with buttons and knobs and before I knew it i had the navigation and thermostat controls all jacked up
                        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

"Well, have you heard of Bonneville?"
                          I still am amazed at the number of well informed, well traveled, and well educated folks who still think that the salt was last used when Arfons and Breedlove were running jets. They simply do not comprehend that multiple races per year have been held there for decades.
                          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

the words not spoken at our house are "I thought you said this car was done?"

Comment

the one I hate.....WHAT IS IT WORTH?

I normally tell them , they just dont get it!
                              Reading , Pa
                              Good Guys rodders rep.
                              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
                                the one I hate.....WHAT IS IT WORTH?

I normally tell them , they just dont get it!
                                or how much you got in it,how much did it cost?

I respound with "all of it" to how much you got in it?

Comment

Working...
                                X