Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Do This?

Keith Turk,

Is this allowable to go 135-150 at Ohio?

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

No, I don't think I can do that. Talked with Keith on the phone just now, I don't think that'll work.

Dang. A bolt in roll cage is cheaper than brakes. But that won't get us in for the next faster adventure in Ohio, the next time.

I'm fishing. Fishing for the next great fun to have in Red. He could do any of it. Money involved, whichever way. Road racing. Brakes. Damn big good ones. New ones.
    Last edited by pdub; December 2, 2012, 01:49 PM.

Comment

the cage claims to be ecta worthy up to 175..

I know formality and opinions can't mix..it take some real stabs eve in real world cars.

my own welding job of just the chassis is worlds over the cage bolted in...looking exactly like an oem car.

let the curses fly.... blind can feel a thud.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
        the cage claims to be ecta worthy up to 175..

I know formality and opinions can't mix..it take some real stabs eve in real world cars.

my own welding job of just the chassis is worlds over the cage bolted in...looking exactly like an oem car.

let the curses fly.... blind can feel a thud.
        Keith actually told me to call Joe RE the roll cage. I've never talked with Joe. I dunno, my brain says the road course was so much more fun anyhow, that's just me.

Comment

I'd call the company. It clearly states that it's good up to 175 at ECTA so you need to know where that came from. Worth a follow-up.

I have a Maximum Motorsports cage in my 'Stang and it was a pretty nice fit although some welding was required, at least in a convertible application.

PW - remember that you can bring you and the car (and hopefully Mrs. Unit) to my shop and we can spend a weekend doing some of these things. We'll build your confidence!

Would be a good thing to have the cage on a road course, too.

Dan
          Last edited by DanStokes; December 2, 2012, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Yep.. Cage it!
            We never had roll bars or anything to keep the roof from flattening..
            Then Halo bars were "invented"... Goes from inner door iron over the roof..ugly as heck but the roof aint collapsing..

Comment

What's the exponentially greater thing than the word "enabler?"

Comment

Friend.

Dan

Comment

Buddy

Comment

We hope to never roll over.. BUT if and only if.. It is better to be safe... And NEVER NEED it..

Comment

I love you guys, I'm sure glad you don't mind having a class clown (me).

peedeb

Comment

You have already done what I never did..
                        Well, not legally..

Comment

Damn, we're talking cages now. The blower's next! I'll more than likely be back down there around the first of Feb. to enable in person.
                          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Call Joe. He is every bit as nice and down to earth as Keith. Seems there was a blog on this site, when the claim was first made. Seems that a name was mentioned. Seems that it was Joe or another Bangshift member that hangs out in the landspeed threads on this site that is associated with the ECTA.
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                              X