• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beagle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cyclone03
    replied
    I see Red losing carpet,back seat,the other seat,exhaust removed,headers,ac gone,don't need all that sound deadener......
    PeeWee owns ,insert class here,D/P?, class record...."that peewee guy just owns that class,you would be better to just run fuel than go against him "

Booze and drugs are cheaper in the long run.....

I love the fact you found us.....

Leave a comment:

• BOOOGHAR
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    We hope to never roll over.. BUT if and only if.. It is better to be safe... And NEVER NEED it..
    better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it

Leave a comment:

• oldsman496
    replied
    ya can't have just a cage. gotta gotta gotta have a QUALITY seat too. with New belts. If you are strapped SECURELY into your ride, you just won't believe how comfortable and confident you can feel when that pedal is on the floor and you are slideways in a corner....

Honestly................. any speed over about 80 needs these safety items. Heaven forbid, but, if you lose a tire at that speed, the car can yaw and dig a rim into the pavement (not real likely, but shit happens buddy)... A helmet is also required if you have any bars installed anywhere close to your noggin. ya might get by with Craigslist brakes (properly inspected and installed) but please buy the best quality safety stuff ya can. no cheapin' out there............

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Call Joe. He is every bit as nice and down to earth as Keith. Seems there was a blog on this site, when the claim was first made. Seems that a name was mentioned. Seems that it was Joe or another Bangshift member that hangs out in the landspeed threads on this site that is associated with the ECTA.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pumpkin
    replied
    Damn, we're talking cages now. The blower's next! I'll more than likely be back down there around the first of Feb. to enable in person.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    You have already done what I never did..
    Well, not legally..

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    I love you guys, I'm sure glad you don't mind having a class clown (me).

peedeb

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    We hope to never roll over.. BUT if and only if.. It is better to be safe... And NEVER NEED it..

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Buddy

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Friend.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    What's the exponentially greater thing than the word "enabler?"

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Yep.. Cage it!
    We never had roll bars or anything to keep the roof from flattening..
    Then Halo bars were "invented"... Goes from inner door iron over the roof..ugly as heck but the roof aint collapsing..

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    I'd call the company. It clearly states that it's good up to 175 at ECTA so you need to know where that came from. Worth a follow-up.

I have a Maximum Motorsports cage in my 'Stang and it was a pretty nice fit although some welding was required, at least in a convertible application.

PW - remember that you can bring you and the car (and hopefully Mrs. Unit) to my shop and we can spend a weekend doing some of these things. We'll build your confidence!

Would be a good thing to have the cage on a road course, too.

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; December 2, 2012, 02:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X